27

"But I don't want to go to see grandma!" Ayra shouted at the top of her lungs

 "I know, trust me, but we have to go and see her. Every Sunday we go and see her and then we have some fun!" I said, trying to cheer her up.

 "I know mumma, but last time I went there, it wasn't fun. All she talks about is if you are talking to anyone else." Ayra said.

Sighing, I leaned down to her and cupped her face in my hands. "Please Ayra. Mumma will get you whatever you want after, just do this." 

 "Okay mumma." she said, smiling at me, then she gripped my hand as we headed out to the car.

As I parked up outside the house, I got a message from Naz. Switching the car off, I looked at my phone. 

 (the chat)

NAZ: when you come back tell me.

KYRA: sure, did something happen?

NAZ: no, don't worry, have fun x

I pocketed my phone and then got out of the car, opening the door for Ayra. 

 "Come on princess, duty calls." I smiled as she began laughing.

As soon as we walked in, we were met with my mum who hugged both of us fiercely. 

 "Selam." I said, to which she gave me a kiss on my cheek.

 "Are you okay?" I asked her.

 "Yeah, I'm fine. Just missing you two, that's all." she said, smiling weakly at me.

We sat at the dinner table and began eating, all of us talking. I was getting so nostalgic, just sitting at the table with my mum and Ayra. 

BACK AT HOME 

Sighing, I dropped down onto the sofa with a sigh. I took out my phone and began asking Naz when she was coming back. 

 "Mumma, auntie's here!" Ayra said, running to open the door.

Five minutes later, a very sad looking Naz walked in. Her eyes wet. 

 "Naz, what happened?" I asked her, getting up of the sofa and walking to her.

 "Kyra. Adam's dad had a stroke." she said.

 "What?" I asked her, as my mind started to race with memories of him.

 "Yeah. I just got a call from Zayd." she said. "Adam needs you Kyra." 

 "Where is he?" I asked her.

 "At the hospital, just ask for him at the reception. Adam needs you."

 "Okay, can you look after Ayra?" I asked her, grabbing my phone and then reaching for my hoodie, which was sprawled across the chair.