26

I woke up to Nazeera tugging on my hand

I woke up to Nazeera tugging on my hand. "What happened?" I asked her, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

 "You know that Ayra was sleeping with me today and I woke up to go to the bathroom and I touched her forehead and she has a really high fever." Nazeera said as I sat up.

 "What?" I asked her. "How high is it?"

 "47°." Nazeera said as I got up and walked into her room. 

I walked over to the bed and sat beside Ayra and gently tapped her arm. "Ayra, princess. Are you okay?" 

 She turned around and looked at me, her eyes half shut. "Mumma. I don't feel well." 

 "Princess, you come with mumma. You can sleep with me, okay? Auntie Nazeera will get you something to eat and then we'll have some medicine." I said, as I picked her up.

I walked into my room and laid her on my bed and lay beside her. I placed my hand on her forehead. Naz was right, she had a really high fever.

She hugged me tightly, as I patted her hair. "Mumma. Please don't go." 

 "I won't go princess." I said, and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

Then, Nazeera walked in with a tray of food and some medicine. "Here you go, Princess Ayra."

 "Ayra. You have to eat something, okay? Then you can have some medicine and sleep with mumma." I said, as she lifted her head slightly.

 "Only a little bit please, mumma." Ayra said as I fed her some food and then have her some medicine.

Slowly, she started drifting of to sleep and I was sat there beside her, comforting her. To be honest, I was feeling a little bit unwell myself, but it didn't matter, what mattered was Ayra - and that was all I was going to focus on and slowly I drifted off too.

I woke up, as I felt someone moving some hair away from my face. I looked up to see Adam - except he wasn't to be here, but he was. 

 "Adam?" I said, confused. 

 "Yes love. I'm here." he said, sitting beside me.

 "But how?" I asked him, moving slightly so I could see him better.

 "You do remember that it's Saturday, don't you?" he asked me. "And on Saturday, for the last two weeks, I've been taking Ayra horse riding."

 "Oh, yeah." I said, giving him a nervous smile. "Sorry. I forgot to tell you, Ayra's not feeling well, so she can't go today." 

 "What happened to her?" he asked me, concern etched into his face.

 "She's got a really high fever." I said. "I'll ring the doctors."

 "How high?" Adam asked me.

 "47." I said, as he ran his fingers through his hair.

 "That's high." he said. "How long have you been with her?"