25

"Come on man!" Zayd said

 "Come on man!" Zayd said. "Let's go and see them."

 "Can you stop annoying me?" I told him. "Kyra doesn't even want me there."

 "Oh, really?" Zayd asked me. "Maybe because you're so stuck up and you ALWAYS try to force yourself on her."

 "She's my wife." I said. 

 "Yeah. But you left her." Zayd said.

 "Okay, do you want to say anything else to make me feel worse?" I asked him.

 "No.  Anyways pleaseee!! Come with me to their house. I want to see Ayra." Zayd said.

 "You wanna see my daughter?" I asked him.

 "Yeah, and what? I'm her uncle." Zayd said.

 "Fine. Get your ugly ass up, we're going." I said, closing my laptop and getting up.

(at kyra's house)

I waited at the door. Minutes passed by, and I was slowly regretting this. 

Then, Kyra opened the door. Her hair on the top of her head in a messy bun and a huge t-shirt hugging her knees.

 "You guys?" Kyra asked us.

 "Yup. We just finished up at the office and we thought why not see you guys." Zayd said, before I could say anything.

 "Oh. Well Naz's gone to pick Ayra up from school and I was just making some food, but come in." she said and ushered us in.

I sat on the sofa, waiting for Kyra to come in. She came in, carrying some drinks. "Here." she said, forwarding us some.

 "Thanks." I said.

 The atmosphere was so tense, except for when Zayd would occasionally crack jokes, earning a smile and laugh from Kyra but a dirty glance from me.

After about half an hour, Kyra went to open the door and walked in with a Ayra in her arms. "Ayra." Kyra said. "Look who's here."

 A sleepy Ayra immediately lifted her head to look at me. Kyra lowered her and she walked to me, a smile on her face. "Hello Mr Adam Aziz." she said.

 "Hello, sleepy bear." I said, smiling at her. "Can I have a hug?"

 She stepped closer before hugging me tightly. I hugged her back. Then, she moved away from me, she gripped my hand and whispered in my ears. "I need to ask you something." 

 "What happened?" I asked her.

 "How do you know my mumma?" she asked me.

 "Oh...I..." I began, but then I didn't know what to say.

 "Do you like my mumma?" she asked me, lowering her voice.

 "I...." I said again.

 "Mr Adam Aziz! I know you like my mumma! So please, ask her out before she gets married to Saad." she said, and then walked over to Kyra, who scooped her up again.