1

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I gripped my hair in frustration. Yunael's cries didn't die down and no matter what I did, he wouldn't stop crying. I was all alone since Nyx was gone on a mission with Ajax and their group. Yunael kept screaming and wouldn't calm. Please, just stop crying. Please.

"I'm here for bab-" Haze suddenly stopped. "Ken?" She was concerned. "What's- the baby." She quickly approached Yunael and held him. Haze cooed and rocked him until he fell asleep. "Ken?" She whispered. "What's wrong?"

"He-" I stood in anger. "HOW COULD YOU CALM HIM?!" My shout caused Yunael to wake and cry again. "No! No! He's crying again." I broke down.

"Ken- shhh." Haze rocked him. "It's okay, Yu." She kissed his head. "Godmother's got you." She grinned.

I involuntarily began to shake and felt myself shiver. My breathing increased catching Haze's attention. She arched a brow and inquired about me, but I couldn't speak.

"Ken, what's-"

I felt like my world was spinning. Haze hurried to put Yunael down, but he began crying again. I couldn't stand it anymore and fled out the room. I didn't make it far since it felt like my head exploded. My legs gave out and I crashed against the wall. I curled into a ball and squeezed my eyes shut, but I could hear the screaming resounding through my head.

"There you are!" I opened my eyes to see Hailey racing towards me.

"You weren't wrong." Ellio and Alexxis whispered.

"Ken, I felt your frantic aura." Hailey knelt next to me. "What's-"

"Don't leave me!" I wrapped my arms around her. "Please, don't go!" I whimpered.

"Get Nyx." Hailey ordered the two, who nodded and ran off. "Let's get you to bed-"

"No!" I shook my head. "Not that room. Please."

"O-okay." Hailey nodded. "My room?"

"Just don't go." I held her tighter.

Hailey managed to get me on my feet. The two of us slowly made our way to her room. I felt embarrassed passing the guards who eyed me in concern. I kept my head down until we arrived in Hailey's room. Hailey sat me on the bed before rummaging through her drawers. I took the time to observe her room.

"You know this is the first time I've ever entered your room."

"Really?" She looked over her shoulder. "Huh, that's odd." She chuckled. "I guess I'm more used to visiting your room... it is bigger." I laughed at that. "Ken..." I sighed since I felt the difference in her tone. "What happened?"

"I couldn't handle it anymore. I... I don't know."

"I found you in the middle of a panic attack." Hailey sighed. "I was in a meeting with Alexxis and Ellio, but your aura spiked to an alarming level."

"I just felt an overwhelming sense of helplessness." I breathed out. "I can't explain it. It just overcame me and I couldn't escape it. It felt soul crushing, Hailey."

"Ken." We turned to the door opening.

"Mom." My voice cracked and she swept me in a hug.

"Tell me everything." She sat next to me. "Haze found me." I nodded at her. "She said she came to provide you company, but found you sobbing in the corner while Yu cried."

"Ya." I gulped and nodded.

"You feel overwhelmed with the baby." Hailey concluded while I stayed silent. "Is it because Nyx isn't here?"

"Shit, I shouldn't have allowed her to leave." Mom chastised herself.

"No, it's alright. She had to." I nodded. "It's not..." I took a deep breath. "It's not just when she left. Even when she's here...I feel the same way."

"She's not pulling her weight?" Hailey wondered.

"She is." I quickly spoke. "It's... it's not her. It's a me thing."

"I sent out an order for Nyx to return. She'll be here by nightfall." Mom spoke.

"You shouldn't have called her back. She needs-"

"What she needs is to be with her girlfriend." Hailey interjected.

"But-"

"Hailey is right." Mom spoke. "And I'm assuming your recent emotions have to do with your child, so Nyx should be here for you to lean on as well."

"But, I don't need her." I quickly stood and forced a smile. "I'm fine." My voice cracked.

"Ken." I turned to find my girlfriend. "My god." She whispered as I broke down. "Shh, I'm here." She cooed and hugged me. "I'm here."