21

Third Person POV

Troian angrily stared at the new additions to the palace. She didn't trust them and regarded them as serious threats. Troian watched the dangerous beings joyfully stroll through the gardens. Paro would pick up any pretty looking rock and force Neal to hold them. Neal struggled not to drop one since Paro would get mad at him and boink him on the head.

After watching Paro beat Neal with a flower, Troian made her decision. She had to take matters into her own hands since Ajax was slacking. That was one thing she couldn't understand. How and why was Ajax letting his guard down with them? He should know better.

Troian shoved herself away from the railing and went on a mission. It didn't take her long to find Ash and Zeli shooting arrows at targets. They took turns firing arrows, but Ash naturally did better than her. Troian marched up to them and snatched the bow from Ash's hands. Ash glared at her in response. She went to do the same to Zeli, but Zeli's glare was more menacing.

"You've been summoned."

"By who?" Zeli narrowed her eyes.

"Me."

"Declined." Ash snatched his bow back.

"Incorrect." Troian went to grab it, but Zeli slapped her hand away. "You're going to fulfill a task for me."

"No." Zeli declined.

"You're going to kill the suspects."

"Definitely, no." Zeli repeated.

"We don't report to you." Ash stated.

"I'm of a higher rank." Troian spoke. "I'm a General and you can't refuse me."

"We work for Ajax. Ajax told us not to engage with them. We'd be disrespecting an order."

"You're obligated to fulfill his requests when he's present. He is not meaning you are under my direct supervision. Now, kill them."

"Why?" Zeli stepped forward. "We were told not to. Why override his decision?"

"He's gone soft since having a child and his weak mind will result in harm to the Queen. The old Ajax would never allow unidentified people to rendezvous within palace walls." The pair remained silent since Troian had a point. "You both question his decision, yet stay mute."

"He's of a higher rank." Ash snarked.

"Great, so you understand submission." Ash squeezed his fists, so Zeli placed a hand over his to calm him. "Accept the mission."

"Ajax-"

"Accept or be stripped of your rank." Troian demanded.

"We can't-"

"Get to it." She ordered before leaving them.

The pair were left with a serious dilemma. Troian didn't give a damn and continued to the exotic animal section. She found the creepy twins feeding the flying lions. Troian waited for the twins to acknowledge her before walking forward. The lions roared, but the twins calmed the animals. Amara and Haze were like Siamese twins in the way they approached Troian.

"General." They spoke in unison.

"I order you to kill the suspects."

"Okay." They answered.

"Get to it."

They bowed in acknowledgment. Troian and the twins hastily walked down the halls only for Troian to collide with Onyx. Onyx grinned and went to hug Haze. Haze gave her a pat on the back since she was uncomfortable with pda. Haze removed Onyx from her since Troian's eye twitched in annoyance.