6

⚠️ Trigger warning ⚠️

I felt so helpless. Tears kept streaming down my cheeks as I held the chain. I stared at the water before me and shook in fear. However, I knew this would end the torture and provide me some peace. With that thought, I tied the chain around my waist.

I then struggled to pick up the boulder and carry it to the ledge. I whispered to Nyx that I loved her and was sorry. My eyes were closed as I stepped off the cliff. When I crashed into the water, it felt peaceful. I gave up control of my limbs and allowed the force to drag me deeper into the water.

That peace only lasted so long since I began to desire the need to breathe. I quickly became panicked since I needed air. I flailed my arms in an attempt to swim to the surface, but the boulder kept dragging me down. I screamed into the void since this wasn't peaceful, but painful.

My eyes watered with tears, but they couldn't fall since I was surrounded by water. I noticed something out my peripheral, so I turned to stare at it. I watched as a massive snake like creature sped towards me. I screamed even more, but knew I was helpless prey.

I then felt displacement in the water, so I looked upwards. My eyes widened as I noticed two figures swimming towards me. The one on the right propelled herself forward and confronted the creature head on. When I noticed the choice of weapon, I immediately recognized Zeli.

Zeli slashed at the monster before moving out the path of its jaws. My attention moved from her when Ash was in my field of vision. He gripped onto me and gritted his teeth since the boulder kept dragging us down. I slowly began to lose consciousness, so he gripped the back of my neck and slammed his lips against mine. Ash breathed some air into my lungs before staring at the boulder.

He reached into his back pocket for a knife. Ash stared at the boulder until he flung the blade down. The blade struck the part where there was a little kink in the chain. The chain immediately fell off the boulder, so Ash wrapped his arms around my waist and kicked us towards the surface.

I struggled to remain awake as Ash swam us to shore. He picked me up and placed me on the grass. Ash then began to pump my chest and give me mouth to mouth.

"Come on, Ken." Ash kept pumping my chest. "Come on!"

I started coughing up water and turned on my side. I touched the ground and felt an ache in my chest. I then began shivering, so Ash removed his shirt and hugged me tight.

"I know I'm not the warmest right now, but skin to skin contact will warm you up faster."

"Ash." I started crying.

"Is she ok?" A drenched Zeli approached us. "What happened?" She squatted down and addressed Ash.

"I don't know. She began crying."

"Ken, your lips are blue." Zeli spoke.

"She's cold."

"Unfortunately, my powers rely on me absorbing other people's powers and there's no pyrokinetic here..." Zeli stated. "I'll build a fire though." She managed to make a spark from two sticks. "This should warm you up a bit."

I noticed the two share a confused look since I didn't regard them, but kept crying. Zeli placed a hesitant hand to my shoulder while Ash appeared uncomfortable hugging someone for this long.

"There. There." He awkwardly pat my back. "How long do I have to do this?" He whispered to Zeli.

I rested my head against his chest and kept shaking since my sobs racked my body.