Chapter 1

For the past few months a monster has been attacking the village. It comes out only during the night, while every is asleep.

Not a single sound it makes, moving across the village ground, smelling the air to choose it's next victim.

Once morning arrives and the village's people wake up, there's a always a scream from someone's house.

A husband, wife, brother or sister, even a child or two. When the individual can't be found the panic sets in.

Looking everywhere for them, desperately trying to reassure they're safe.

The house, outside, the neighbours the shops... Nowhere, they've vanished without a trace.

They collapse, screaming and crying knowing the monster has gotten them.

The tension in the village is high full of emotions, worried, scared but above all angry.

Protesters have been outside the mayor's building, demanding this situation be dealt with.

Others have started to take matters into their own hands. Setting up traps and watches, moving small group's of family's to be in one house together.

Blacksmiths have been busy, crating more blades then usual. They've also begun teaching children how to hold and use them.

While all this was going on Emily also had something else to worry about. Her mother has been very ill lately, medication has been low, no one from outside the village has delivered anything for a while now.

The mayor has sent messages out asking for help and supplies, but there's no response.

Everyday Emily practices combat, and every night she secretly stays up late watching over her mother.

"Morning dear." Emily's mother said as she placed breakfast on the table.

"Morning mum." Emily reply back, giving her mother a kiss on the cheek before sitting down to eat.

Breakfast was nothing special just a bowl of porridge, but man was it delicious.

Emily would wolf it down, always ending in her mother scolding her for eating it to quickly.

After Emily finished her breakfast, she and her mother talked for a while until it was time for Emily to leave.

She kissed her mother's cheek again, before leaving to visit her friend's place. While walking a scream could be heard from down the road.

"Please you have to find him." A women was begging a few officers. Emily's heart sank, as the looks of the people around grew concerned.

"It's getting closer to home." Emily thought to herself, walking away worried that her mother would be next.

As Emily arrived she was greeted by her friend. "Morning Emily." He said, but his smile faded seeing the worried look she had.

He asked what had happened and Emily explained what she just saw. "Shit that's not good." Jack said scratching the back of his neck.

Jack was Emily's best friend, they've known each other since the day they were born. People would always pair them together as a great couple, but Emily never felt that way about him. It wasn't anything against him, he was a great looking guy dark hair, tall and strong, but she's not really been interested in dating someone.

Both families were close, always willing to help each other out whenever need be. Jack's comes from a craftsmanship family. His mother a sowing master and his father a experienced blacksmith.

Jack was also learning the trade, he was really good at it, promising Emily he'd make her the greatest sword in the world.

Soon Jack's parents came out to greet Emily, she smiled hugging both of them. While pulling away jack's mother noticed Emily expression change asking what was wrong.