Chapter 30

Thank you for shopping, have a nice day." The shopkeeper said.

"Thank you, have a nice day too." Vee replied smiling, grabbing the bag of food she brought.

Vee was at Riverside, shopping for Emily's mother. Walking pass the shops, she noticed many flyers posted everywhere.

"Fish festival?" Vee said to herself looking at it.

"Fish festival? What's that?" Emily said as Vee showed her the flyer after returning from EverrTree Village.

"Apparently it's a yearly summer festival, they celebrate the gift the river has given them. There's stalls, events, a parade, and even a firework show." Vee explained.

"That's so cool! Can we go?" Emily asked excitingly. Both Emily and Melinda were outside enjoying the weather.

"Pass!" Melinda said before Vee could answer.

"Why not." Emily wondered.

"Too many annoying people I'll want to eat, it's gonna be very crowded, the food is horrible, making me want to eat the people again." Melinda explained turning around on her side.

Emily frowned "But-" Vee cut Emily off, placing her hand on Emily's shoulder shaking her head.

"Fine don't go, but as for me and Emily we are." Vee told the lamia.

"Like hell I'm leaving you with her." Melinda warned the demon.

"Guess you coming after all." Emily said before smiling at Vee.

The festival was tomorrow evening so Vee said to Emily they won't do there sparring tomorrow. Emily agreed as Vee had to return back to Emily's mother.

"See you later tonight." Vee said entering the portal as Emily waved goodbye.

Emily turned around hearing the lamia sigh.

"It'll be fun." Emily said to her.

"You think?" Melinda replied sarcasticly.

"I don't know, I've never been to one before. There was never a festival in my village, but I'm excited nethertheless." Emily said happily.

The rest of the day not much happened. Vee returned as she said, they did a little more sparring, but the heat got to much for Emily.

"No more!" Emily said collapsing to the ground. Her whole body was dripping in sweat.

"Vee, you ok?" Emily asked waving at the demon. She was daydream looking at the human.

"S-sorry, I was um... Yer let's end it for today." Vee said snapping out of it.

Melinda slithered over to Emily to help her up.

"Thank you." Emily said smiling, grabbing ahold of the Lamia's hands.

"I need a bath quickly!" Emily said looking at her drenched clothes.

"Good idea, I'll leave for now and return for you both tomorrow evening." Vee said smiling.

"Sounds great, see you then." Emily replied back.

As Emily turned around to walk back to the cottage, Melinda gave the demon a cold glare. With the demon returning the faver with a smirk.

After Emily had a bath and dinner she decided to have an early night. As she got into bed Emily noticed the lamia was more quieter then normal. Usually this is the point where the lamia would be flirting, kissing, leading into stripping her, but that wasn't the case tonight.

"Hey you okay?" Emily asked, getting into the bed.

"Mhm." Was all the lamia said.

"You sure? Doesn't sound like it." Emily asked again.