Chapter 18

The forest fell silent as the women sat on the ground close by Melinda. She breathed heavily holding her arm in pain. Once she caught her breath the women got back up and went over to the lamia.

She picked up the Melinda's head, first looking at it before placing on the body. Then from her side pocket the women brought out a small bag.

She opened it, sprinkling what was in it over and around the Lamia's cospe. After finishing she kneeled down closing her eyes a prayed.

"Requiem aeternam dona eis Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis. Amen."

After finishing her prayer the body lit up in flames. She then got up to her feet and made her way over to where she dropped her mask.

As she went over the women couldn't help but smile seeing her horse in the spot where the mask was.

"Hey there, don't worry I'm ok. Thanks for looking out for me." The women said to it.

She picked up the mask and sword off the ground, putting the mask back on before climbed on the horse.

Making her way through the forest the women stopped outside the cottage. She took a moment looking at it, before shaking her head and going on her way.

But all was not as it seemed, at the cottage through the window you can't see in, a pair of eyes was watching.

Emily took a deep breath thankful the women didn't enter the cottage. She then made her back to the table across from where Melinda who was asleep on the floor.

Looking at the orb the lamia was hold, she then pick it up. The view in it wasn't clouds anymore, but instead was what Melinda was seeing.

Emily quickly placed it on the edge of the table, before gently pushing it off with it falling landing on a bunch of pillows below. As soon as it fell the lamia woke up.

"Well that was a terrible experience." Melinda said jolting up, she then felt over her head and neck.

Emily went over to her asking if she was all right.

"Mhm im fine... scratch that I'm perfect thanks to the view." The lamia said looking at Emily's body.

Emily sighed covering herself. "Can I please put a shirt back on now."

"Of course, I'm surprised you haven't already." Melinda said getting up.

"B-but you said I couldn't wear one while using it?" Emily replied back confused.

"Oh right, that was just a joke. I wanted something good to look at when I woke up, can't believe you fell for it." Melinda said laughing.

- Yesterday -

"WHAT THE HELL DID YO DO THAT FOR?!" Emily yelled covering herself.

"Relax i just needed your shirt." The lamia told her.

"Couldn't of you just ask? Instead of ripping it off me!" Emily shouted.

"Nope, it wouldn't look like a struggle if I did." The lamia explained.

"Needs a bit of blood." Melinda said looking at the shirt.

So she unhinged her jaw and placed the shirt inside her mouth. Emily looked as it brought up bad memories. The lamia then used her finger to cut her gums, once she tasted blood she swished the shirt around her mouth.

"Ta-da." Melinda said pulling out the shirt from her mouth.

"Your disgusting..." Emily replied.

"So... How's that going to help us anyway?" Emily asked as the lamia clicked her jaw back.