Chapter 17

As few hours later Melinda returned, Emily heard the door open and quickly made her way over to her.

"We have a problem." The lamia said sighing.

"You saw?" Emily asked.

"Mhm it's not good." The lamia said thinking.

Emily gulped, she thought the same thing. "What should we do?" She asked.

"The only thing we can do... Trapped them."

"Trapped them yer that's a great id... Wait what? Emily said confusingly.

"We lay some trapped around the forest, enticing them in with there favourite snacks, there's no way they can resist." The lamia said. Emily however looked at the lamia like she was on a different planet.

"What in the high heavens does setting traps have to do with the women." Emily asked, closing her eyes with a hand on her forehead.

"Women... What women, I'm talking about them bastard moles in the forest!" The lamia said now looking at Emily like she was the odd one.

Wait, your cheating in me with another woman?" The lamia asked moving closer to Emily's face.

Emily sighed before opening her eyes and pushing Melinda's face away from hers.

"Nooo, I'm talking about the women who was here a few hours ago. She wanted information about that red hair lamia and most likely you! I panicked... Telling the that made up story, saying everyone is at Riverside. Now she's on her way there, what should we do..." Emily said to the lamia worryingly.

While Emily was explaining Melinda was smelling the air.

"That's strange I can't smell her." Melinda said.

"R-really you can't..." Emily asked watching the lamia.

Melinda asked Emily to show her where the person came from, so Emily explained everything that happened.

"She touched your face?" The lamia said in a deeper voice.

"Are you not listening! This isn't good!" Emily shouted tired of Melinda jealousy.

"It's just some amateur hunter, been payed to deal with red head who's already dead. There's no need to worry." The lamia said waving it as nothing important.

"No...no you're definitely wrong this time, she... something about her felt, different." Emily warned Melinda.

Again the lamia didn't seem interested telling Emily she'll deal with it the same way she deals with all humans that come to close.

"She's gonna kill you." Emily warned as Melinda was walking away.

Melinda paused after hearing Emily, she smirked before pinning Emily againest a tree.

"Oh, you think that do you. I'd like to remind you who exactly I am." The lamia said.

But Emily wasn't having any of it, this time standing her ground. She spoke before the lamia could carry on talking.

"I know exactly who you are, a pain in the ass with no emotion." Emily spat back.

Melinda hissed into Emily's ear. "Even if what you say is truth then you'll be free right? So what does it matter to you. Unless you care for me so much human. Melinda said teasing.

"You're right I would be free, able to leave here, able to go back home. You know why? Because you'll be dead like that red hair bitch! Do whatever you want lamia, I'm just warning you. Emily said looking into the Lamia's eyes.

It was clear Melinda was trying to Emily flustered, but it was backfiring on her. The lamia couldn't lie she was slightly turned on by Emily's aggression. She pulled away from Emily making her way back to the cottage, Emily followed.