Chapter 3

Emily and the lamia began traveling right away, since the lamia was familiar with the deep forest she took the lead.

It was a beautiful day, sun shining birds singing, looking around it's hard to imagine finding your way around.

"So... Where are we going." Emily said trying to break the ice.

"You said you needed medication right? That's where we're heading." The lamia replied.

The lamia explained, the closest place to find it would be a castle town called Gridmond.

It sounded familiar to Emily, one of the biggest trade ports in the area, tho she never really payed attention to those sorts of things.

"So what do you have inside that bag of yours." The lamia then asked Emily.

"Just the essentials." Emily replied, smiling with confidence in her skills as an adventurer. But that was short lived as her stomach growled loudly.

"What about food?" The lamia asked rasing her eyebrow.

Emily looking away not replying, it was all the lamia needed to know, Emily had forgotten to bring food.

The lamia shock her head before tasting the air.

"Wait here." She told Emily.

A few minutes later she returned with a bunch of apples in her arms.

"This should keep you going." She said handing over them to Emily.

"T-thank you." Emily said surprised by the Lamia's kindness. She packed as many in her bad as she could, while holding on one to eat.

"So... Do you have a name?" Emily said biting into the apple.

"A name? No, I don't." The Lamia replied.

It wasn't too surprising she didn't, monsters are placed in two categories by humans. One's that live and work with there own kind, far away from any humans. Some people can end up trusting them but this is a rare occasion, most of the time each keeps to there own.

A general rule both parties is, stay out of our territory, we stay out of yours.

The other being monsters out in the open, a phase used by humans. The lamia would fit this categorie, she was by herself and eating humans, no rules or restrictions, no laws to obey.

"Well, since we're sticking together for awhile, I figured I give you a name." Emily said.

The lamia laughed. "And what will you call me then."

Emily paused, taking a look at the lamia.

The lamia turned around noticing the human stop and stare at her.

"Like what you see." The lamia teased Emily by holding her breasts.

"No! Shut up." Emily said looking away from embarrassment.

After composing herself Emily went back to thinking of a name, but couldn't choose one that fit.

"I'll think of one later!" She told the Lamia.

It was a strange feeling walking along side a lamia, knowing she ate people from your village. Knowing you too someday will be her next meal, Emily pushed the thought in the back of her mind. Right now she was fully focused on getting the medication for her mother.

They continued walking throughout the day, Emily grew sick of eating apples already it seemed like her stomach did too.

"I wish I brought something to eat." She said quietly to herself.