Chapter 6

"Stupid Melinda, what's the point of having this deal if everyone is dead. You'd think she would have some, even a tiny bit of kindness but no, and now... Now she's just left me." Emily ranted.

She didn't know what to do, she was hoping that Melinda would follow her. But turning around that didn't seem to be the case.

Emily sighed, drawing her sword out as she went back inside the deep forest. Only this time she was walking on the road.

She'd been walking for while now, keeping an eye throughout the trees. Listening for anything that moves, but it was no use the forest was as quite as a mouse, Emily didn't know what to do.

Knowing it wasn't a good idea going of the road she decided to head back to Melinda. Maybe if she'd apologized they could do something about it. Then again she's a stubborn lamia who only cares for herself Emily thought.

"Looking for something cutie." A voice from behind her said. Emily gulped, it wasn't Melinda's.

Emily quickly turned around pointing her sword in the direct it was coming from, just as she feared it was the other lamia.

"What... hoping for someone else, as I heard you were looking for me right? Well here i am." The lamia said teasing Emily.

Emily's heart began to race, her hands shaking. "Y-yes i was." She said.

"Well because of your decision making, I won't be able to enjoy my fun." The lamia said circling around Emily.

"W-what do you mean?" Emily asked following her, still pointing the sword towards her.

"You know exactly what I mean! A whole village of sweets for me to try. And all you had to do was carry on with whatever you were doing. Now that bitch! Will come back and ruin everything!" The lamia said angry with Emily.

But the Lamia rage subdued, her eyes looking up and down Emily's body.

"But all is not lost, one of those sweets is still right in front of me. And might I say it smells delicious." The lamia said licking her lips.

Emily gulped hard as panic was kicking in. She slowly started back away as the lamia slowly slithered towards her.

"I shouldn't really play with my food, but i just can't help it. You better run human im ever so hungry." The lamia said smirking.

Without thinking Emily turned around and started running deep into the forest. The lamia started counting down from ten, while looking at her nails.

"Ready or not here I come human." The lamia hissed after finishing, her eyes changing to reflect her predator instinct kicking in.

As Emily ran she could hear the lamia coming towards. Looking behind her Emily tripped over a rock, falling down a grassy hill slope.

Although hurt, it would seem luck was in her favour as below was a small tunnel. She quickly grabbed her sword and crawled inside and hide.

From atop the slope the lamia looked around. "I hear you human, I smell you."

Emily covered her mouth to quite her breathing but she couldn't help but start crying, so was so scared.

The lamia eventually slithered away, Emily wasn't sure why but she stayed put for a while.

As time passed it started to get dark, Emily knew she needed to get out of here quickly. She hadn't heard anything for awhile now, so decided to make her way of of the tunnel.

Thinking the lamia may of went to the other side of the tunnel, she slowly creeped out of where she entered. Taking a peek out it, the lamia didn't seem to be in sight.