Chapter 24

"You know I can just do this myself right? I don't need help especially from a human." Melinda told Emily. They were in the bathroom with Emily beginning to take care of the Lamia's wounds.

"Oh you think so? Try reaching them?"
Emily said disagreeing with the lamia, pointing at her lower body.

So Melinda did only for her not to be able to reach, even with her long tounge her mouth was badly cut and swollen.

Emily had Melinda spit in a glass, this was because Lamia's saliva helps keep wounds and cuts from getting infected and speeds up healing. Emily dapped a small amount of cotton wool in the glass before gently going over Melinda wounds.

Seeing all the damage the demon did made Emily realise just how scary things can get.

Melinda however still wouldn't stop complaining about the demon. She continued to ask Emily about her, at first Emily just ignored it but she also thought about what the demon told her.

"You really want to know happened?" Emily said stopping what she doing to face the Lamia.

"Yes!" Melinda said rolling her eyes.

"Then let's play a game." Emily said smiling, but Melinda was less then impressed by the human's teasing.

"You really gonna do this now?" Melinda said angry.

"Karma is a bitch like that." Emily teased before continuing.

"I'll answer your questions if you answer mine, but you have to tell the truth, got it?" Emily said to the lamia, going back to tending her wounds.

"Like that's gonna happen." Melinda said scoffing at the idea.

"Guess you won't know what we did then." Emily said looking unbothered by the Lamia's replied.

At first Melinda didn't say anything, just letting Emily continue cleaning her. But the nagging feeling of wanting to know botherd her so much Melinda gave in and played along.

"That's the spirt." Emily said smiling. She even let the lamia ask first.

"Where did she take you?" Melinda asked.

"Clocktower, it was as beautiful as the way it was described in the book my mum reads." Emily answered.

"Ok now it's my turn, do you know that demon?" Emily asked but Melinda was quick to deny anything.

"Did she do anything to you?" Melinda asked.

"No, we just talked." Emily replied.

"My turn, Do you know that demon?" Emily asked again.

"No... I told you already." Melinda replied back.

"What did you talk about?" The lamia asked.

"Hmm a lot, she's quite amazing actually. She knew about me, my mother and you. I asked how but... She told me to ask you." Emily replied not mentioning every detail just yet.

"Since the demon knows us, do you know her?" Emily asked...again this time Melinda didn't say anything.

Emily didn't mind the silence and  continuing to clean Melinda wounds.

"What was the reason she took you back here?" Melinda asked.

"I do believe you need to answer my question first." Emily reminded her.

The lamia sighed. "I don't know her." She told Emily quickly.

"I see... You're question why she took me back here? Hmm she seemed to have a change of heart. She was planning on killing you, but something I said changed that." Emily answered with the lamia going quite again.