Chapter 15

"Guess we know what happened to the occupant." Melinda said.

"I really think we shouldn't be here." Emily said worryingly.

"Would you relax human! I told you already I can't smell anything." Melinda replied back.

Emily signed as they continued to explore the cottage, to the right side of the living room there was another opening. This space seem liked two rooms in one, as they entered there was a small dining room area. A wooden table with four chairs was in the middle, and a glass cabinet with figures inside was against the wall. There was also an opening next to the cabinet leading back into the hallway.

Beyond that was the kitchen, cream colour walls and light fern green cupboards and draws. Emily checked to see if anything was in them but there wasn't besides cooking utensils.

She stopped at a particular strange one. It didn't look like any cupboard or draw she'd seen before. As soon as she opened it a blast of cold air hit her. Emily quickly shut it, unsure of what just happened.

Emily opened it again looking inside she was amazed there was ice in it. She then reached her hand inside but pulled away as it got cold.

"Melinda! Come see this." Emily shouted.

The lamia slithered over to the kitchen to see, even she seem quite impressed. Besides that there wasn't anything else in the kitchen, other then a few dead plants on the windowsill.

They made there way back out into the hallway. Melinda unlocked the other room across from the living room, it was a bedroom.

Large in size it looked very fancy, black and purple painted walls, fabric handing from the ceiling, with a red carpet. A master bed in the middle against the wall with exotic bedding. Other then that, it was your normal bedroom. A bedside table with a candle lamp on it and a wardrobe still full of clothes.

Back into the hallway the next room was the bathroom. White in colour it looked like any other bathroom besides one part. There was some sort of pipe work coming from outside near the celling. Emily took a look outside through the window to see the tanks of water were also there.

"Perhaps it's a water system..." Emily said to herself.

She went back out of the bathroom as Melinda was coming out of the next room besides it. Emily asked what's in there.

"Just a plain bedroom, nothing exciting unfortunately." The lamia replied, before they both went back into the living room.

"Well, we should get going. " Emily suggested.

But the Lamia had different ideas.

"Or better yet, let's live here." She smiled.

At first Emily thought the lamia was joking, but soon realised the lamia was being serious.

"There's no way we can stay here." Emily told Melinda.

"I disagree, we can definitely stay here." Melinda told Emily.

This made Emily sigh.

"It's a nice place I'll agree but I'm not staying here. The fact that there's even a cottage in the middle of a forest with nothing else around. From looking at it it's not been touched which is obviously not right. And if there was any doubt of them two reasons it's probably a trap, my third would be whoever's sitting in the chair next to you." Emily said pointing at the skeleton.

"Your concerns have been taking into account human, and are declined. This place is perfect for us." The lamia said disagreeing with Emily.

Emily then started walking towards the door before the lamia tail caught her, bringing her close to the Lamia's body.