Chapter 7

Once Melinda knew Emily was asleep she took the bag of her, she couldn't believe it was still on despite all that's happened. Never the less she then gently placed Emily against a tree. Melinda opened the bag up taking out the blanket and a cooking knife but also she was hoping to find something to use.

Inside one of the side pockets were two money bags. Melinda then empty one bag in the other before putting it back. She then placed the blanket over Emily's body before making her way towards the dead lamia with the empty money bag in hand.

"At least you'll be put to good use." Melinda said to the dead lamia, before getting to work.

Knife in hand Melinda began carving out the Lamia's eye's, then her fangs, and finally as many tail scales as she could, placing them all in the money bag.

She was about close the bag up but thought to cut the lamia hair too. Using some of the hair to tie the bag up. Satisfied with her work her stomach started to growl.

"Well no point in wasting a good meal." Melinda said looking at the dead lamia. She unhinged her jaw and started with the arm she snapped off before swallowing the lamia whole.

Once that was done she clicked her jaw back in place wiping as much blood as she could off her. Returning back to Emily sat back down next to her.

"I'll have to remember to wash that knife before you use it." She said to Emily placing it and the money bag back inside the bag.

Melinda belly was to big, she wasn't able to move much so she decided to stay put. It wasn't that cold out but they still needed to keep Emily warm.

Melinda however had the perfect idea, and began coiling Emily. Melinda coiled Emily's entire body all besides her head, it was tight but not enough to suffocate her. Once she finished she made Emily's head rest on her chest before going to sleep herself.

Melinda woke up as dawn approached, she had slept very well thanks in part to the coiled human warmth.

Still full from yesterday's dinner but now able to move, Melinda uncoiled Emily before picking her up and the bag.

"Shall we get going." She asked Emily sarcastically, making her way back out the forest.

Out of the forest and back on track she arrived at the open plains. Just in case of anyone passing by Melinda stayed a good distance away from the road.

As she began making her way through the plains, Melinda thought it was kind of a blessing Emily was like this. Melinda could move much faster now even while holding her.

Melinda traveled the whole day by this point she was exhausted, however her mode would change as she started to see trees in the distant.

"Thank the Lamia goddess." Melinda said sighing.

Once she reached the forest, Melinda searched for a place to camp for the night.

The trees here were move spread apart here then in the deep forest, there weren't hills and slopes as well.

As Melinda went further in the forest the she'd never been here before, the urge to mark it as her's was distracting.

She then began to smell what creatures had been in the forest animals, humans and even of lamia, but the last one smell was greatly faded. As she continued Melinda came across and stream going upright so she followed it.

As she followed Melinda found a den hiding within some bushes.

"This would be perfect." Melinda said, checking the area to make sure nothing was using it before entering.