Chapter 28

"How can this be happening! You have some nerve doing this to my mum you know that." Emily said walking over to the demon.

But the demon was quick to calm Emily down.

"Please relax Emily, let me explain." The demon asked. Emily crossed her hands together waiting for the reason.

"Since I know here was out of the question, I thought your mother's home would be the perfect fit. Just like you, I know everything about her, remember. As for how... Well I simply added onto your story, I was sent by Gridmond as a thank you for restoring connections. Your new house maid!" The demon explained, but Emily was just if not more confused.

"Of course my mum fell for something like that..." Emily said to herself holding her face.

It wasn't the demon living there that worried her, just she let a stranger move in so quickly. But the demon was quick to reassure Emily.

"Emily, please don't worry, it wasn't like that at all. I presented her with full fake documents and qualifications of my work, as well as proof I was sent by them. Although cooking is something that needs improvement." The demon said trying to comfort Emily.

But Emily was still unsure.

"Look, it also helps I'm a demon. Even with you, my kindness is still evil as I can easily persuade humans. Of course I don't mean too, it's just natural for us." The demon said.

"Plus, i can also put away your fear of that Majin to bed. With me around it won't came close to your mother. That I can promise." The demon said looking into Emily's eyes.

Emily was still unsure of the idea but having the demon with her mother would keep her mind at ease.

Okay...but please, no funny business." Emily asked sighing.

"You have my word." The demon said bowing.

"That settles it then, since will be seeing each other often, I would prefer calling you something other then demon.

The demons ears perked up. "I would be honoured." The demon said happily.

Emily then began thinking of a fitting name for her.

"What about bitch?" Melinda said jokingly.

Emily looked over at Melinda, giving her an unimpressed look. She then looked back at the demon before something came to mind.

"How about Vee, I like that name." Emily smiled.

"Vee... Vee, I love it. Thank you for gifting it to me." The demon said bowing again.

But Melinda didn't look happy, not with what she could see but hear. The demons heart was thumping like crazy.

The lamia quickly pulled Emily close to her. "I think that's enough for today." Melinda suggested.

Emily was about to say something when her stomach growled.

"I think you're stomach thinks so too." The lamia said looking at the embarrassed human.

Emily nodded. "That reminds me, did you eat? " Emily ask Melinda.

"I did... I guess I should be thankful for the deer you left. Tho I would of preferred it bigger. But I guess it will do until the morning." The lamia said looking at Vee.

"You're always welcome snake. Emily thank you for today, please eat well. I'll see you tomorrow." Vee said smiling as a portal opened behind her.

The demon then turned around entering it, vanishing as it closed. Emily then looked at the lamia. She didn't look to pleased but Emily knew she'll probably get over it.