Chapter 25

The next morning Emily was outside happily gardening.

"I like that smile" A voice spoke behind her making Emily jump. It wasn't Melinda however but the demon.

"T-thanks..." Emily replied back.

"What are you doing here?" Emily ask the demon getting up of the ground.

"Me? I'm here to see you of course, glad it did. Gardening Emily is very cute~" The demon replied back.

"Well I wouldn't recommend staying to long, as soon as Melinda finds you, it's trouble. And I for one don't want that." Emily spoke trying to usher the demon away.

"The snake? I'm not bothered by her, she couldn't hurt me even if there were three of her." The demon jokingly said.

Emily thought that was probably true, but knowing Melinda that wouldn't stop her.

"Where is she by the way? I've been here all morning and haven't seen her once." The demon asked.

"She's....um... She's still....um she's still asleep..." Emily replied looking everywhere but at the demon.

"Not much a protector is she." The demon said smirking.

"She's been through a lot....literally" Emily said pointing at the still broken bedroom window.

The demon grinned before clicking her fingers. Suddenly each piece of broken glass started coming off the ground and placing itself back on the window.

Emily was amazed with what she was seeing, it was like a magical jigsaw puzzle.

"All fixed." The demon said smiling.

"Thank you?" Was all Emily could say after witnessing something like that.

"So the snake?" The demon said continuing with the conversation.

"I-i don't know what to say." Emily said, she was surprised seeing her still asleep when she woke up this morning. More worrying when Emily tired waking her up after awhile it didn't have an effect on the lamia.

"I hope she's ok..." Emily said quietly.

"I'm sure she's fine." The demon said playfully. Emily didn't like the tone the demon was using.

"You wouldn't happen to have anything to do with this, would you?" Emily asked becoming suspicious of the demon.

"Me? Why would you think that?" The demon said smiling.

"What did you do?" Emily said sighing.

"Nothing really, I'm just helping her." The demon said as she was holding her hands behind her back.

"Explain." Emily demanded.

"Like you said she's been through a lot. Call it a little sleep magic, completely harmless of course." The demon said with a grin on her face.

"How long?" Emily questioned.

"About three days." The demon said holding up three fingers.

"Seriously!" Emily said annoyed.

"Look she needs to heal, I hurt her pretty badly. I also thought it would be a good chance for us to get to know each other." The demon explained.

"Look... I can't accept your feelings, I'm sorry..." The demon then cut of Emily sentence.

"So you are in love with her?" She asked Emily.

Emily sighed, looking around the garden she was working in.

"Honestly... I'm not yet sure if it's love. But I do understand some part of my feelings. I like her... I like her even tho she's killed, she taken people from my village to eat, and one day... I'll be one of them. But even after all that, yes I have feelings for her." Emily told the demon, looking up at her when saying the last part.