Chapter 14

"Thank you for coming." A man said, gesturing the person in front of him to sit.

It wasn't your ordinary person that was with the man, they were wearing a white armor robe. There face covered by a golden mask. It looked like some sort of angel face with a tear running down its right cheek. They were also heavily armoured.

"After a week's investigation we found there to be tampering with one of our trade buyers. The village which has no name, has not received any of our shipments in the last few months. We were first made aware of this by a trusted person, who came to the council with this information. According to him a young women came from the village in seek of medication for her mother. Apon further investigating, reasons as to why the goods never arrived or haven't been have come to light. The owner Mr London stopped sending goods to the village due to attacks on his workers. This combined with a mountain slope blocking the road lead him to pull away from the village. Instead of reporting it, Mr London was offered a black market deal by an unnamed company." The man explained.

The mystery person then spoke. "Doesn't the village have a message system?"

"No, it would appear in the past this was the case, however due to it being mostly farm land, fox's among other animals attacked there carrier pigeons." The man replied.

"So what attacked the workers?" The mystery person said.

"From talking with various people we have identified it as a Lamia. However while speaking to them it would seem there's not just one but two." The man explained.

"Two? How can that be." The mystery person said surprised. Lamia's are very
territorial.

"We don't know, but we are also taking it as a mistake. Most of the various eyewitness say the lamia has red hair, black tail and fangs. While only a few people say different." The man said as the room fell quite.

"To fix the road and restore connections to the village, we must deal with this lamia problem first. It's stepping over the boundaries of our law. This is why we've contacted you, it must be dealt with professional immediately." The man futher said.

"Of course, and it will be." The mystery person said standing up.

They shock hands as the man wished the other person they enjoy the stay tonight.

Later that night the mystery person was in there room. They were on the balcony looking of the Gridmond. It was a beautiful view the lights at night made the castle town shine.

Once back inside they took the mask of there face. Revealing it to be a women, white skin, dark blue eyes with a short spiked haircut.

She grabbed a glass with wine in it taking a sip before making her way towards a book on a desk. The book was dark golden and big. She sat on the chair and opened it, going through the pages until she found the one she was looking for.

Lamia.

"Half human, half snake these creature can be deadly. Mostly living in forests and caves there diet consists of mammals. They possess great strength and speed as well as sight and smell. They can pose a deadly fret to human if not careful. The tail being the Lamia's deadliest tool, striking at amazing speed. While unable to possess any magic they are known to use hypnosis to lure there prey." The women then stopped reading, got up taking her glass of wine with her.

"A Lamia huh... Easy hunt." She said taking another sip.

-The Next Morning -

Emily and Melinda had been going through the deep forest for almost two days now. Melinda had lead them to the other side of the forest away from the road and abandoned village.