Chapter 2

I hope this doesn't throw the other chapter off. It's all a learning experience for me too. Don't be too shy to comment. I'm here to learn and grow.❤️

I wake up to the sound of my second alarm and I immediately jump out of bed. I glance at the clock and I have time for a quick shower. I over slept and it serves me right.

As soon as I hop in the shower, I'm assaulted by a jet blast of cold water.

At least I am awake.

  I grab a bagel and pop it into the toaster. I'm already running late might as well grab me something to eat. My father has already left for work. I lock the door behind me and pray that traffic ain't bad.

     When I get to school the lady in the office looks at me grumpily. Wordlessly she hands me the slip of paper and I rush down the hall towards my second block.

  I scan the back for empty seat. Defeated I take a seat at the front of the class and pretend to be interested in the love life of Romeo and Juliet.

But how can I be interested in the foolery of two lovers. I can't even get the love of my life to touch me.

"You look beautiful my love." He lifts my chin and gives me a soft peck on the lips.

I still have last nights events in the back of my mind, but I push them away momentarily. There is no use to dwell on it and ruin a perfectly good moment.

I snake my arm around his waist and look up into his eyes. Them are the same dreamy eyes that made me fall in love with him in the first place. Even after three years I still get butterflies from him.

The moment is ruined when my best-friend grabs my arm and pulls me away. I shoot him an apologetic look and follow behind her.

"All cheerleaders must sit at the back table," said Angel. "Trixie orders."

I sigh, "I hate her." I never liked Trixie and I know part of the reason is because she is the biggest bully in the school.

Angel is only doing cheer for her mom's sake. A lot of nights she complains about how overwhelming her mom is. She told me her mother lives through her.

  "I don't see what he sees in her," she said bitterly. I know she's talking about Jordan.

"They are perfect for each other," I said.
We sit and sits at the far end of the table away from the empty-headed girls.

    Angel has a crush on Jordan and he treats her more like a sister. She complained and cried desperately to me when he started dating Trixie.

   We spend the next half hour listening to Trixie ramble about how important this game is. We as lady hornets need to make this memorable. "Together we will win this game and cheer our boys on to victory."

Me and Angel look at each other and roll our eyes. Oh, brother...

***********************************
Dancing is my escape from reality.

  I shared my love for dance with her. I couldn't stop dancing after she died. I almost did, but my dad urged me to continue. Whenever I dance I can feel her living through me.

My mother gave up her dreams to become a dancer in order to become a full time mother. I use to feel guilty , because I felt that I stopped her from chasing her dreams.

When I left France I quite ballet, cheer replace it. I never stopped doing it and I always held on to the dream of becoming captain. My sophomore year I requested to become captain and would have gotten it but fate had other thoughts. I hate to be jealous but I am. I wanted to be cheer captain. Trixie took that spot because of her aunt. She didn't put in half the work as the rest of us. She can dance, but barely.

I at the end of cheer practice I'm pissed. Not only are we doing the same dances for the same two years in a row. She asks for ideas on new dances and never uses them. Everyone knows that she only wants to be captain so that she can have everyone wrapped around her finger. She was born with a golden shovel in her hand, her mouths to big for a spoon.

"It's the same every year," I said. "We can't be the only ones tired of doing the same old dances."

  Angel doesn't reply. Angel is still pissed about Trixie calling her out on her hair.

"She had no right. My hair does not make the team look bad and she will kiss my white ass before I dye it plain black or blond."

  Dexter doesn't reply to my text and my dad is working late. I'm utterly alone and I don't even have a dog for company.

I search the refrigerator for something to calm the hunger pangs. Ingredients...No snacks, not even a piece of fruit. I have a raging headache and I took Tylenol. The Tylenol isn't helping me at all.

We have plenty of coffee; we always have plenty of coffee to go around. Half the time I think that's the only thing Dad consumes. He is a working manic and I'm the last thing he thinks about.

I could order pizza. I turn on the TV and I search for the pizza number on my phone. When I find it, I dial the numbers and wait for them to pick it up.

"What do you want," yells a man when they finally pick. My first instinct is to hang up, but I'm too hungry to be sensitive.

"Can I have a large pepperoni pizza, with extra pepperoni and breadsticks on the side," I said.

"What's your address?" I rattle it off and as soon as I finish he hangs up. I keep the phone to my ear listening to nothing for a few seconds.

The man on the other end sounds like he has better things to do. Great customer service. Should I leave a bad review or rating

I turn on some cartoons and I laugh my way through episodes of Scooby Doo. My phone pings and I pick it up.

  Hey love practice kicked my ass and I had to take a nap.

  That's cool I'm watching scobby doo and waiting for my pizza.

  I see headlights slide across the window. I don't know if it is my dad of the pizza delivery man. I wait to hear a knock and when I do I grab my tips from my purse.

  I look through the peep hole. A  teenage girl stands on the porch shifting from foot to foot. She's not smiling and in fact she looks like she would rather be home. When I open the door she stands still and plants a smile across her face.

  "Good Day ma'am, a large pepperoni pizza extra pepperonis and a side of breadsticks." She passes the boxes to me. I can see her eyes on ok behind me into my house. Should I invite her in for dinner, I think. I almost laugh at the thought.

   I thank her and slide the twenty into her hand. I collapse on the couch and turn back up my cartoons. I didn't realize I was so hungry until I'm down to my last two slices of pizza.

  I don't hear him get home until he says something and I almost shit myself.

"Calm down sweet pea it's just me."

"Hey father," I said relaxing. I move the pizza box of over. I would finish it off but it seems unfair to finish it all myself.

  I glance over at my father. He looks good for a man of forty-three. I inherited his round facial shape. But I'm long and slender like my mothers. My hair is brown and curly and I have light brown skin. He has dark skin and his hair is graying at the temple the rest is black.

  Still my father looks tired. He has married himself to his work these pass few days.

  My mother said his smile was what won her over and his intellect.

  Nowadays he is barely home. Our home is a holy shell of the once joyful home it use to be. We never eat at the dining table anymore.

"I saved you two slices of pizza," I said holding up the box.

He smiles and sinks next to me on the
couch. "Thank you sweet pea, but I think I'll remove the pineapple."

I wrinkle my nose at him. "That's the best part."

He sighs and shakes his head at me. We settle down and watch television. This is about the most normal things have been around here.