Chapter 29

ASHER POV:

The suit is delivers and it fix perfectly. I will have to give her more money for this.

My date has arrived five hours ago and I've been avoiding her like the plague. At some point today I will have to see her, but not now.

I cheat myself when I end up going to look for Myla in the castle. She wasn't in the ball room where I thought she would have been. Her room i empty and I doubt anyone has been in there for hours.

I'm starting to obsess over her, she preoccupies my thoughts everyday. I want to know where she's at each day and what she is doing.

She doesn't need protecting and yet I want to do it. The down side to her being a vampire is that she's not vulnerable to a lot things.

"Orla where is Myla at?" I'm tapping impatiently on my knee and my hair is ruffled from constantly running my hand through it.

"She's with you sister sir. Alissa said wanted to take the princess out to get her hair did."

I smile, "what is she wearing?"

"I don't know sir."

When she leaves I groan. She is more than likely going alone and there will be countless vampires trying to suck her up. If I see one lay a finger on her, there will be hell to pay.

My mind has drifted to darker places; I let out a steady breath. Clenching and unclenching my hand. There are deep gashes on my hand from my nails and I watch as they slowly start to fade away.

She will be the reason I lose all my control.

MYLA POV:

"How much longer," I whine. I've been sitting in the chair for two whole hours. They refuse to let my face the mirror so I can see what's being done.

"Another ten minutes," said Alissa.

"You say that every time I ask," I accuse.

She smiles sheepishly and gives me a gentle pat on the hand. "Just be patient."

She assures me it's all going to be worth it in the end when I see myself. It better be.

She goes into another room so she doesn't have to be bothered with me. I watch her leave with exhausted boredom. If I have to go another ten minutes, I will remove myself from this chair.

••••••••••••••••••••

"You ready." I nod. I expect a drastic difference for the amount of time it took.

I'm stunned when I see the person looking back at me. This person doesn't look like like me. I start to tear up.

  "Don't you dare cry and ruin my work," she yells shrilly. Instead I look up and fan my eyes.

"I'm sorry, I just do look like myself," I said breathlessly.

  "You look stunning," she said.

          •••••••••••••••••••••••

    A few hours later I look into the crowd for Alissa. She had disappeared among a crowd of vampires. A few male vampires have approached me asking for a dance. I turn them down nicely and pretend to be fascinated by the punch bowl.

  Asher came with some blonde, who was every man's ideal girl. Large blue eyes, pouty pink lips, tall and skinny. She enough fleshiness about her to not be considered bony.

  Am I mad? No. But I am jealous. I shouldn't be he asked me to the dance and I turned him away.

   "Would you like some punch," comes a male voice.

  I sigh and turn around. "Look I'm not really interested in dancing."

  He chuckles and gives me a friendly grin. "I'm not asking you to dance, you looked lonely. Thought you wouldn't mind some company."

  I look him over and I can sense nothing off about him. He seem a little odd, but relevantly normal. "Thank you."

  I take the punch and sniff it. It smells of blood and fruit punch. I take a small sip of it and turn back to the stranger. "Who are you?"

  "I'm Alexander," he gestured towards me.

  "I'm Myla," I said.

  "I know, Princess Myla of France," he said.

  I stare at him. He must have me confused with someone else. I go to correct him and instead I will just play it off. "I'm just Myla."

"Nice to meet you just Myla," he said jokingly.

  My face heats up and I give a nervous laugh. Before I can reply Alissa comes and grabs my arm. "Myla we need you for a minute."

  I wave bye to Alexander and catch up to her. "Why were you talking to Prince Alexander?"

   She doesn't come off as hostile, but their is a slight pressure behind what she's asking.

"He came over to speak because I looked lonely," I said. "Why something wrong with him."

   She gives a harsh laugh, "there is a lot of things wrong with my soon to be husband."

   I want to ask her what she mean, but check my time. She is soon to be married, when was I to know about this?

"Where are we going?"

She looks back at me with a huge grin. "You will see."