Chapter 15

It's almost nine thirty at night and I still don't have my keys. Maybe I should have been asked instead of waiting for him to give them to me. We have been sitting in the living room for hours.

  He has been immersed in a book and I have been pretending to scroll on my phone that is on fifteen percent.

  "It's getting late and I need to go home."

  He tenses up and looks up from the boom at me. I stare back dumbly at him and hold my hand out. "Your not going home tonight."

  "The fuck I am," I snap. I'm not staying here with him, I barely know him. This is getting ridiculous.

  "Sit down Vandeli." He sounds calm, but I can see the red flashing behind his eyes.

   It feels like I'm swallowing bricks at the moment, still I try to remain calm. "I'm not staying her Asher. I do not know you."

  He gives a heavy sigh and sits the book down. "Does it matter. Your not going home tonight. Do you want to call your father and explain the situation or shall I?"

   He's serious. This is insane and I'm starting to think he is to at this point. He kidnapped me and is holding me here against my will. What teenage boy does that. Where is his parents? Surely they have some empathy and is reasonably sane.

  "No one is calling no one. I'm human and you can not force me to stay here. Either you give me the damn keys or I'll hot wire the damn car." I curse some more under my breath and clench my fist ready to swing.

  He sits back and stretch his legs out in front of him. He gazes up at me spitefully and smirks. "If you can hot wire the car you may leave."

  He's caught me in my bluff and I fight to look calm.

  I feel my claws  come out before I dig them into my hand to keep him from seeing it. I'm not yet sure how to make them go away on their own. It's all I can do to keep them from clawing up that handsome little face of his.

  "Asher this is illegal," I said. If he won't listen to me maybe he will listen to reason.

He shrugs, "do you seriously think I couldn't get out of there if I wanted to. I'm a vampire."
He flashes his unreasonable large fangs and I release a hissing sound under my breath.

  "You would damage your reputation and career."

   He laughs at me like I told a world class joke. That does nothing to soothe my ego.

   He stands up and I back away from him. He's way taller than me and more muscular. Even with my new found strength, I won't match his.

   He grips my wrist and pulls me to him. Not roughly enough to hurt me, but roughly enough to cause me to cry out in shock. I struggle against his iron grip on both of my wrist.

  "I'm not asking, I'm telling you. Call your father and explain to him your going to be staying over at Angels house."

  Tears swell in my eyes as I nod. I'm furious and boiling in side with rage. Still my fear wins over.

   When he releases me I shakily pull my phone from my back pocket. I could call nine-one-one but I could be dead by the time they reach me. I fight to control my breathing when I hear my father answer the phone.

  "Hey daddie, I um," I glance up to see Asher siting with the book propped in his lap. He's not paying me no attention, but I know he's listening. "I'm staying over at Angels house tonight. Today has been very stressful and I wanted to make sure she's okay."

   "Okay sweet pea, I love you." He said. I nod and continue staying on the phone long after he's gone.

  "Shall I show you where you sleep."