Chapter 26

"Romeo you forget yourself," he said calmly. The growl in his throat and swirling red in his eyes shows otherwise. I will have to choose my next words carefully and try not to let me temper become evident.

"She has no wish in marrying me. I will not marry someone just for you to benefit from it," I said coldly. "Your already trying to marry Alissa off to that horrid Prince Alexander."

He rises from his seat and slams a hand in the table. A few of the human servants jump and start shivering behind him. "That is none of your concern."

I stare angrily at him. "That is my little sister and if her happiness is at stake it involves me. She will live a dogs life with him and she deserve way more than that. You know it."

He sits back in his chair and lets out a deep sigh and knits his eyebrows together. "It's not always about love, some of us get lucky. This is merely a business transaction and in order to keep our kingdom strong."

"Marry her off to someone else," I suggested crudely.

"Stop beating around the bush, I did not call you in here to discuss your sister. I called you in here to discuss your duty as the eldest son," he shouted.

I'm silence for a moment and I allow my anger to eat at me. "She has a boyfriend."

"So, if he's human, he is easily disposable and I doubt they will last together," he said.

That's a point I can't argue, humans have a much shorter lifespan that vampires.

"I can't make her marry me," I said.

"No but you can make her love you. The empire of France is powerful and it will put us in a powerful position. You must make her love you. You went all the way America because your gut told you. It led you too her and if that ain't matchmaking I don't know what is."

I'm stunned into silence at what he said. I want to believe it, but me and her aren't exactly the happiest pair. Shouldn't I have more laughs with my soulmate than arguments.

"I'm not going to marry her for you."

"Yes you will, for her safety you will. Now get out!"

       •••••••••••••••••••••

What the hell did he mean for her safety? Was that supposed to be a threat to get me to do what he wanted? I shouldn't even care what could happen to her, but here I am worried.

It would have been better to have left her to her own devices. Last night I was rejected and I hate to say it, but my ego was hurt. I never been the flirty type, though I've had plenty of vampire females throw there self at me. All was ready to lay on their back for a chance to say they had me.

That's why I refuse to give myself to any vampire fully. I only used my influence when I needed too.

I'm attracted to her and her as a whole. Since she's turned I've notice her once petite shape is still petite. Only she's filled out more and became curved. I saw a few of the vampire guards look at her and I could barely stop myself from ripping out their eyes.

Now I'm being forced into a romantic relationship. I slam my hand into the stone wall. A few pieces of stone chips off. A regular rock would have crumpled.

I let out a growl of frustration. I don't even bother to look up at the approaching sound of heels.

"You look like a raging bull, did father manage to get the best of poor little Romeo," sang out my sister. She always teased and always at the wrong moment's.

"Shouldn't y'all be out having a girls day like I asked you to do," I growled. I glanced up and my mouth drops open. Twelve servants are loaded down with shopping bags and I grimace thinking at the cost. What does it matter, " just cause we can afford doesn't mean we should."

  She laughs at my brotherly advice and brushes a strand of hair out her face. "I needed some new gowns and Myla here needed a new wardrobe."

  I turn to stare at Myla. "I never took you to be into fashion."

  She looks away from me and looks miserable. "She has fabulous taste, but needed a little push in the right direction. I chose a few little trifles that will look wonderful on her."

  I groan and cast a apologetic look at Myla. "She choose almost everything and I choose two bags." She says is flatly and I laugh at how miserable she sounds which earns me a glare. Maybe this could work out and I won't have to suffer through no more shopping excursions.

"Don't let me stop you, go ahead and try out everything." I give both their shoulders a gentle push and watch them go.

  They both give me a withering glare. Than again maybe not. If they both combine forces they will be the death of me yet. I watch them go and find myself happy that at least they get along.

  Perhaps my dad has made a point at something. This could be my last shot at real love. But that should be a later thought. Right now I need to make sure we got our exactly the total number of blood bags.

    About two centuries ago, we agreed to stop feeding on the civilians if they agreed to give us a monthly supply of blood. That means I'm in charge of monthly blood bank collections. Both me and Alissa go and collect them.

  The people were terrified and barely dared to  step out of order. Sometimes we had a few people who was  looking to make our job more entertaining than it already was. But they are easily convinced to behave, since they don't have nine life's.

  If they don't give it willingly we take it forcefully. Or worst.