Chapter 4

Myla POV:

"If we're lucky she'll get expelled,'' says Angel."I mean she did start the fight first."

  Trixie parents contribute a lot of money to the school. I'm sure they have paid her way out of  a lot of things. I'm sure Ms.Green will get fired for it.

   She has widened her already dark brown large eyes by using eyeliner. Now they seem to darken for a moment. "If I asked him out do you think he will accept?"

  "You can do better than him," I said finally. She hugs her notebooks to her chest and looks like she's about to cry. It's out of character for her and I rush to change the topic.

   Almost  everyone is telling their version of what happened. It's the only topic and by my third period I'm tired of hearing her name.

  "Is that all everyone can talk about?" I said.

  "You tired of hearing about it too," she said. Today her normally bubbly personality seems to darken.

   I lose myself scrolling through face book, when I'm in the middle of hearting one of Dexters repost I walk into someone and lose my balance and I'm about to crack my head on the stone floor, when a strong arm encircles my waist and pulls me up.

  My mouth hangs open and it's like everything is happening in slow motion. The stranger eyes crinkle at the corner and I'm hipnotized by their golden color.

He is a Flawless drop dead sexy. "My apologies, Myla."

  He has a slight accent and his voice is deep. It's hard to imagine him being a student here. Maybe this is our new English teacher. I'm so distracted by him that I almost forget the fact he said my name.

I reach down to retrieve my things from the floor and he does the same thing. He hands me back my text book

Our hands touch on accident. I pull my hand back, when a sharp electrical spark flows between us.

  He pushes a piece of brown hair out of his eyes.

"I'm sorry," I say standing. "I'm Myla." Beside me Angel coughs and elbows me  in my side.

"This is my friend Angel."

"Nice to meet you Myla and Angel," he said.

I'm fully aware of the warmth flooding my body. If I was a few shades lighter my whole face would be red. He looks to perfect to be real.

"I'm Asher," he said. "Do you know where the calculus class is?"

  He's not a student I think. Doesn't matter my heart belongs to one person anyway.

I smile and try to appear casual, "that's my last class of the day. You can walk with me."

  Angel goes in a separate direction but not before wiggling her eyebrows at me.

A few girls give me dirty looks and I ignore them. I'm simply being kind since he's new here and you all can have him.

   The teacher insist he introduces himself to the rest of the students. A few females giggle.

  "My name is Asher." He sounds uninterested and looks over everyone like they don't exist.

I sit at my table alone and he makes eye contact with me and smirks. He chooses to sit right beside me and I get irritated.

  It make's me nervous. I'm annoyed at how his presence is affecting me. He seems to be enjoying it and continues to stare at me. I watch him out the corner of my eye.

"Can you stop staring at me," I snap finally. I keep my voice low so that I don't draw attention to myself.

  He leans closer and I lean away. "Why do I make you nervous?"

   I glare at my paper instead of him. "Yes, I t's creepy and not normal."

  He chuckles and few girl glance over at me and glare. I know plenty would want to be in my position and they can have it.

  He looks away from me and amuses himself with tapping the number two pencil on the table. I grind my teeth in frustration. "Can you stop? I'm trying to finish my work."

   "What ever you say Vandeli."

   I freeze up in my seat. How does he know my last name? Did I accidentally let it slip out? I give him a confused look. If I weren't nervous before I am now. "How do you know my last name?"

  He shrugs and goes back to staring at the wall in front of us. I'm relieved when the bell rings and I can run from the classroom.

ASHER POV:

   She is beautiful and if she wasn't human I would be in love with her. No human I ever met could compare with a vampire. She is the
first.

    She blamed herself for the little accident in the hallway and I played it off well. When I caught her from falling, it almost felt like time stopped. I recovered quickly enough.

  I wanted to toy with her a bit to see here reaction. The first time I called her by her first name she seemed to not realize it. I can tell she is attracted to me by the smell her body gives off. Humans call it oxytocin.

  A lot of the girls here practically throw their self at me. I try  to remain cordial when I turn them down and few get the hint. I haven't met a human woman who hasn't been attracted to me yet.

  Why is she do different? She seems attracted enough, but her body language tells another story. If I wasn't the way I am, I would think otherwise.

                   •••••••••••••••••••••••

I spent weeks following her around. Keeping a safe distance so that I didn't alarm her. I wanted to learn as much as I could about her. There was things I wanted to learn about her that I would only know by reading into her thoughts.

Now when I finally did meet her, I couldn't get into her head. This makes me frustrated. Since I didn't know what she was thinking, I could only read her body and go by what she said.

This make things even more interesting.