Chapter 28

"This dress seems like to much." It's a week since I've last spoken to Asher. Alissa pretends like it's completely normal and hasn't mentioned it to me.

   She probably don't know. "It's perfect for you. This shade of pink goes great with your skin tone."

   She's wearing a tight black dress that fans out around her. I can't understand how she walk in that thing. It's trimmed in white feathers and she had designed for her. I'm sure the price was outstanding.

  "It's too puffy," I said. I do love the dress and it's color, but it's not entirety me. It draws to much attention to me and it's the last thing I want.

  "Asher will love it." She doesn't notice how much I tense up at that. Is that what she's trying to do play match maker for her brother. I should have known it.

"I think I would rather wear that gold one you chose for me," I said. She goes into the large closet and pulls out a gown.

  The gown is much lighter to wear  and it shimmers in the light. If the pink don't draw attention this dress will. It's my last options all the other dresses were to tight for me to manage.

  "Everyone will want to know who you are." She said.

  I doubt they will and I don't care if they do. I will go for about thirty minutes and after that I'm sneaking back to my room.

  We've been playing dress up for hours and I'm feeling that familiar itch returning to my throat. If she don't hurry up I might eat this stupid dress.

"Your eyes are red," she said. I glance in the mirror and sure enough their burning light red. I need to learn how to control that or I will be an open book.

"Can we take a break, I'm hungry," I say. I toss the gown onto the bed carefully and head towards the door.

I turn around expecting her to follow me but she doesn't. "You go ahead I need to spend some more time at it."

Once I'm far down the hall I let out a sigh of relief. This is the first time all day I've gotten alone time.

I had to have tried on and retried over fifty dresses today. How large of a closet does she have to store these?

The itching in my throat is starting to increase and I can feel my fangs extract. I realize at this moment that I've been here for almost a month and I don't know where the kitchen is. Maybe Orla knows.

I clear my throat and try to ignore how uncomfortable I feel. "Orla."

I stand for a minute prancing on my toes. I'm about to call her again, but she appears breathlessly around a corner.

"Princess you called me?"

"I need a blood bad immediately, make it two." She nods and hurries away. It feels good to be able to be in control of something.

The itching in my throat is driving me insane and it feels like the minutes are turning into hours. When I see her come around the corner I clench my fist. It's the only thing stopping me from running to her to sink my teeth into her. "Thank you Orla."

I take gulp after gulp of the blood. Each drop is like nectar on my tongue and that warm pulsing feeling returns. I feel alive with each swallow.

It takes me less than a minute to drain each bag and my thirst is sedated again. Orla has her back pressed up against the stone wall and doesn't move an inch.

I stop myself from giving an friendly smile. My fangs are probably red and the front of my shirt is too. "You may go." She hurries away without as soon as the words leave my mouth.

I groan will I ever be normal again?

ASHER POV:

The tailor walks around me carefully arranging the pins on me. She touch's me more than she should be doin and when she reaches for the crouch part I growl.

She retracts her hand so fast it's like I slapped it. "You have such broad shoulders, I'm going to have to loosen it up a bit." She reaches over to adjust it again and I push her hand away.

"How long will it take for this to be finished," I asked impatiently. I've been standing up having this woman readjust and fix this suit for hours. "A day."

"I don't have a day," I say. "Have it ready by tomorrow morning at noon. I will send someone to pick it up."

The ends of her mouth dropped and she looks likes she is about to object. If I let her talk I'll be here another hour and I'm done for today. "Good evening Beatrice."

The driver immediately cranks up when I walk outside and gets out the car to open the door. I hold up my hand and he stands up straight, "I can open my own door."

Being a prince has its benefits and it's downsides. It can get annoying when everywhere I go someone wants to follow me. As if I need protection. I'm the most dangerous predator on this planet.

That's what I loved about America, the freedom that I had experienced. I could take care of myself like a man. I regret coming back and for what.

The whole reason I went to America was for some girl. A girl who doesn't want anything to do with me at the moment. If I make a public appearance alone it will cause a stir of attention.

The only other person who I can call is Vanessa. She is the last person I want to dance with and yet she is the only person I will choose. The woman who think they have a chance, the better.

If I wasn't so proud I would go and ask her again. This time I will let her come to me.