Chapter 30

Khushi reads her novel the whole day. Arnav doesn't even give her a glance. He is only focused on his work. The whole day, even while having lunch, he doesn't pay attention to her. This annoys her so much. They return back home in the evening. Sulking her face, she goes into the washroom, freshensup, and goes downstairs. She looks around and finds no one at home. She thinks and then remembers that everyone had gone to Anjali's home for the party.

She sits on the sofa and turns on the TV. She keeps watching some movie when she feels the presence of Arnav. He comes and sits beside her, not close to her, but at the corner of the sofa. She ignores him and is indulged in watching the movie. After a good 30 minutes, she hears thunder sounds and looks out from the window. She gets up, and Arnav notices her moves but ignores her. She doesn't care about anything and goes out to the garden.

She is sitting at the patio, folding her legs to her chest. The cold breeze makes her hair dance in the air, the raindrops drizzle on her face, and she smiles due to the cold, hugging herself. Arnav stands behind her, his hair becomes messy due to the breeze, and he admires Khushi. Her hair and the water droplets on her cheek and lips.

Khushi is enjoying the chill climate, closing her eyes and smiling to herself. She feels two arms circling her waist. She opens her eyes and looks to the side, and sees that Arnav is sitting behind her. His arms are circled around her waist, pulling her more into him. He pulls her in such a way that she is sitting between his legs, more likely on his lap, and her back touching his chest.

He lifts his one hand up and slids her hair to one side. She takes deep breaths and closes her eyes. He traces her neck with his fingers, while the other hand holding her waist to him. He circles his other hand around her shoulder and starts dropping butterfly kisses on her neck. He starts kissing from the crook of her neck and goes up slowly, and stops near her cheek.

The cool and romantic weather, along with the rain and their closeness, evoke new feelings among them. Both of them are not in their senses. It feels like both of them should have each other's warmth to cope up with the cool weather. He moves her hair more to the other side and kisses her nape. She gulps in hard and holds his arm tight, the one that is holding her waist close to him. He rubs his cheek to her cheek. His stubble tickles her, and she smiles a little and turns her head to the other side. He circles her waist with both of his arms, puts his head in the crook of her neck, and inhales her fragance. Unable to take it anymore, something evokes inside Khushi. She pushes him, stands, and goes to the other side. Arnav smirks, looking at her. He goes to her and stands behind her.

Khushi without looking at him, fidgeting with her dupatta - Wh...a..tt a.re y..ou..

Arnav - Hmmm..

He tucks her hairstrands that are falling on her forehead to her ear, from behind.

Khushi - It's late..

Arnav - Yeah.. we have delayed a lot.

Khushi takes deep breaths and turns back - I'm feeling sleepy. Good night.

Saying she hurries to go inside, when Arnav holds her wrist, pulls her to him, she crashes into his chest. Without wasting a second, he lifts her in a bridal style. She is shocked.

Khushi - Arr..n..av..

Arnav - Hmmmm...

Saying he takes her into the garden. Both of them drench in the rain. He makes her stand on her foot. Both of them look into each other's eyes. Arnav cups her cheek with his right palm and circles her waist with his other arm.

Arnav - Khushi..

Khushi in shock - Ha..

He pulls her waist close to him, and she startles. Their chest touch and her breath become even faster. He traces her cheek with his cupped palm fingers. Khushi closes her eyes, rain is pouring on them, and he looks at her soft and delicate lips, which are a little open, inviting him.