Chapter 17: The Red Death Emerges!

Kuoh Academy
Hajime POV
It's Kuoh Academy's Open House Day.

Where parents and guardians come to school.

And right now, I was walking with the one man I just found out is my father.

Ramiel, the Fallen Angel of Thunder.

Apparently he's brothers with Akeno's dad, Baraqiel. Which means Akeno and I are cousins.

We're walking side by side together around the halls of my school. And I can most definitely say that as of right now...him and I have not talked at all. Maybe not even once so ever. It's super fucking awkward.

Hajime: So...how are things?

Ramiel:...Fine...how are things with you?

Hajime:...Good. Pretty good right now.

Ramiel: Good.

Man this is so awkward. This is the first time I've ever met my dad and I have literally nothing to say to him!

I could make a scene but that's just not my style. Besides, what good would that do for me?

Oh! We're close to my class. Maybe I could introduce him to that! I made a stop and showed him around my class.

Hajime: Well dad. This is my class.

Ramiel: I see.

Yeah I've got nothing.

???: Hajime?

Hajime: Hm?

I looked around and saw Kiba there.

Hajime: Kiba!

I made my way to Kiba and soon turned to introduce my dad to him,

Hajime: This is Kiba, a good friend and a great classmate of mine. Kiba, that's my...dad.

Ramiel: Ryoma. Ryoma Akamizu.

Kiba: Ah! How splendid it is to meet you sir!

???: Kiba. Akamizu. What're you two doing here?

Kiba and I turned and we saw Kallmeyer-Sensei.

Hajime: Hey Kallmeyer-Sensei.

Nagisa: Shouldn't you be...huh?

Ramiel: I'm Hajime's father.

Nagisa: Ah! Mr. Akamizu. Welcome! May I have a word with you for a moment?

Ramiel: Of course.

Soon, I saw my old man walk away with Kallmeyer-Sensei. Thank Satan. I was gonna lose my mind to awkwardness at this pace. I sighed and turned to Kiba, rubbing my head.

Kiba: I see that Ramiel is here.

Hajime: Yeah I know. Wasn't really expecting it to happen to be honest.

Kiba: Knowing the fact that you've never met him all your life?

Hajime: Yeah pretty much? So what's new with you?

Kiba: Ah well, I'll be having a meeting with Rias and Sirzechs. Especially after I peaked and acquired a Balance Breaker.

Hajime: Huh? A balance breaker?

Kiba: Yes. A balance breaker.

Hajime: What's that?

Kiba: Huh? Hajime, do you not know what a balance breaker is?

Hajime: No? Not really?

Kiba: Alright let me explain. In short terms, a balance breaker is when a Sacred Gear wielder peaks and has an upgrade to his or her tool, or weapon.