Chapter 29: The Return of the Red Eyed King

The Battlefield
3rd Person POV
Loki is now sealed, with his final words of a plague on all homes of the Houses of Gremory and Sitri.

But it seems that Hajime was failed to be saved and has died in Sona's effort to save him. In the end, Spider appeared, seemingly choosing to betray their master and turn to their second in command, Kenjiro Itagaki as their new leader.

However, a powerful aura came forth as a mysterious eclipse came over everyone. And only seconds later, a young and mysterious man emerged out of nowhere. And Issei only said one word.

Issei: Hajime?

The young man didn't respond to Issei. But he kept his focus on Spider. Kenjiro, the three lieutenants and the rest of the gang. He uncrossed his arms and put his hands on his hips. He stepped up a little more to the gang before them.

???: Well, well, well...What do we have here...? A bunch of filthy mongrels who don't know where they belong is what I see.

Kenjiro gritted his teeth and sneered at the young man.

Kenjiro: You dare to defy us?!

Hajime: Honestly...You seem to talk big game, but you look to be nothing more than incompetent trash. And there's a fine line between those who are weak and those who are foolish. Those that are both...I like to call them mongrels.

Kiba: He said that twice.

Koneko: Issei-senpai, how can you be so sure that's Hajime?

Issei: I don't know...It just was the first word that slipped out my mind when I saw him.

Kiba: But...he died...Right?

???: Oi!

Kiba stopped and noticed the young man was looking at the vanguard.

Kiba: Huh?

???: Don't tell me you plan to fight them with swords?

Kiba: What...? I mean with the right kind of steel.

The young man snickered at Kiba.

???: No way...! That's hilarious! Hey...do me a favor okay...? Just sit on the bench and let me stretch for a bit okay?

Kiba: Wait, what?

The young man began stretching and talking at the same time.

???: Yeah...! Just sit back after all that work you did earlier! Consider it an act of repayment!

Rossweisse's Mind: (How does he know we faced off against Loki...?! Unless he could be...)

???: And despite the sheer fact that the mongrels ahead of you have a massive number, being all senses of honest here...

The young man stopped stretching and stood up. And closed his eyes.