Chapter 3

The Duke’s son? It was a position beyond her scope of thought. Isn’t the Duke too high for a Hwang family?

When Miyoung showed a bewildered look, Yoona, who was in front of her, opened her eyes wide.

She asked, “Oh my! Young Lady, have you ever been in love with His Highness Taeyeon?”

“Yes? Oh, that, that…” Miyoung couldn’t answer easily and mumbled.

However, Yoona had already noticed Miyoung’s mind.

She said to Miyoung with a bitter smile, “Young Lady, it may sound presumptuous, but if you have His Highness Taeyeon in your heart, you’d better give up quickly. Because it’s not something that low-ranking nobles like us can surpass. There are so many young ladies who have a crush on His Highness Taeyeon. Among them, there are daughters of Count and Marquis”

“As expected…”

When Miyoung found out that Taeyeon was a member of the duke’s family, she could no longer express her feelings. He is the second son of a Duke.

To Miyoung, who was only a Hwang’s daughter on the outskirts, Taeyeon was far, far, and unreachable.

About three months had passed since she started her unrequited love. One day, Miyoung received an unexpected proposal from Wonsik.

If Miyoung could be greedy, it would be better if the proposal came from his brother, Taeyeon. Miyoung had no choice but to worry about Wonsik’s marriage proposal. Because she secretly loved his brother.

But in fact, there was no room for her to worry. This was because the poor Hwang family had no other choice but to accept the marriage proposal from the Duke family.

Then, another three months later, she married Wonsik, and Miyoung became a family with Taeyeon, whom she loved.

Since she was married to Wonsik, she had to clear up her mind about Taeyeon.

So at first, she tried to stay away from Taeyeon as much as she could. But as her relationship with her husband, Wonsik, began to grow apart, Miyoung felt lonely.

“Good morning my treasure, Miyoung. Just seeing my wife like this makes me happy”

In the early days of marriage, he smiled, saying he was happy just to see her.

“…did you sleep well?”

After three months, he no longer smiled in front of Miyoung.

“I love you, Miyoung

He hugged her, said he loved her and fell asleep together.

“Why don’t we share a room?”

Six months later, there was no trace of affection.

“I’ll be back safely today. I hope you have a great day”

The warm words of Wonsik,

“…I’ll be back”

after a year, it became unheard of.

Three years had passed, and the more distant the relationship between Miyoung and Wonsik, the more Miyoung’s eyes turned to Taeyeon again.

Even when she was eating like now, her eyes were fixed on him. When she was in the same room as Taeyeon, she naturally glanced at him.

When Taeyeon and she were alone without her husband like now, the feelings she had before marriage seemed to increase.

However, her feelings must never be found out by anyone. When it was discovered, it was obvious that she would lose her status as a Duchess.