Chapter 23

Miyoung dashed back to the mansion, cleaning up her unkempt blue gown. It was difficult to continue attending the celebration.

His unexpected arrival, and the relationship that ensued. It was unexpected when they initially became connected, especially when he barged into the Ribella costume room’s changing room.

But, unlike now, he had never taken it upon himself to have a relationship without her explicit approval.

What do his behaviors imply?

‘He came to me after being with the princess, which indicates..’

Miyoung believed Taeyeon had satisfied his desire to possess Princess Sooyeon. 

Despite this, she was unable to drive Taeyeon away. Even if she couldn’t have his heart, she was content with the fact that she had a physical connection with him.

It was plainly so until just a moment ago.

Miyoung, on the other hand, was increasingly becoming hungry. Despite her best efforts to convince herself that she shouldn’t be wounded, that she should be sensible, she was.

She was dissatisfied with the situation as it was. She desired his heart. She wished to be Princess Sooyeon, the object of Taeyeon’s affection.

‘Can I truly be this happy?’ Miyoung questioned herself.

Could she be satisfied if she continued for three months without his heart, having a relationship for pleasure, and went back to being between her sister-in-law and brother as before? Could she attend Taeyeon and Sooyeon’s wedding?

Could she have a 30-year marriage with just three months of memories, as she initially imagined?

That is not feasible..

Her lips twitched with a sneer at herself. In truth, the query was unnecessary. How is it even possible? Any connection that lacks the heart of the person being loved and just intertwines bodies is painful for everyone.

Furthermore, it was a temporary relationship that was about to terminate, so she couldn’t be joyful.

The response was ‘no’. She didn’t believe she’d ever be happy.

‘Now what shall I do..’

Miyoung breathed a sigh. She wasn’t presented with many alternatives.

To keep this transient friendship with Taeyeon going, even if merely as a substitute for Sooyeon. Or to call it quits right now.

She had to pick between these two options. If the current scenario was too much for her, the only option was to straighten out her peculiar relationship with Taeyeon immediately.

‘But to keep my sentiments hidden for the rest of my life and confront Taeyeon as a sister-in-law..’

Wasn’t it too painful to bury the feelings she’d been carrying for three and a half years on her own? It was selfish, but couldn’t she just tell him how she felt and give up?

Of course, because she would have to see Taeyeon every day, it was obvious that speaking her opinion would be difficult.

But if this relationship is going to end in three months anyhow.. ‘Perhaps it’s best to tell him everything and work it out’

Miyoung arrived at that conclusion.

Miyoung decided the next day that she should inform Taeyeon about her thoughts that night and make a decision.