Chapter 31

“Ah. Where is this place?”

*Thud! Thud! Thud!*

Miyoung's heart was beating fast. She didn’t know why she was so scared, since the Countess had no reason to open the cleaning tool box.

Taeyeon also got a sense of how tense she was. Taeyeon took Miyoung’s hand and held it tight, as if to tell her not to worry.

‘It makes me feel better in some way’

As she held his hand, her heart rate, which had been racing because she was scared, seemed to slowly slow down. Miyoung looked at Junhee through the small gap with a calmer mind.

“Where is the hall for the party?”

Junhee had been looking around the room for another door, but when she saw that there wasn’t one, she left. They heard the door slam shut with a loud sound.

“Phew..”

The two of them could finally breathe easy after that. They quietly opened the door of the cleaning room and looked around.

Then, they left the break room quickly and went back to the banquet hall. They were lucky that no one had found them.

As soon as they walked into the dinner hall and showed their faces, Crown Prince Jaehyun appeared before Taeyeon like a ghost.

“Lord Taeyeon”

“Your Royal Highness, the Crown Prince”

“I had no idea where you were. What have you been doing?

“Oh, I was just taking a break because I was tired”

“Are you feeling better right now?”

“Yes, I’m good”

“But I smell something like a mop from somewhere. Marquis Kang doesn’t even clean well. Hmm..”

Jaehyun sniffed the air as he walked around. Taeyeon and Miyoung looked at each other for a short time. They both gave each other a small smile, knowing the truth that only they knew.

“Should we go somewhere else?”

“That’s a good idea. I’d like to take a few minutes of your time today”

Jaehyun asked Taeyeon once more to talk to him. Miyoung quickly moved before Jaehyun could look at her.

“You two are talking to each other. I need to go find Yoona”

Miyoung thought as she moved from table to table in the banquet hall.

‘What if we got caught? I lose my mind for a moment when I’m with Taeyeon. I need to be more careful when I leave the house’

Miyoung again made a change to her dress. She was afraid that other people would find out about her relationship with Taeyeon, so she lost her cool for a moment.

She had to be more careful if she wanted to keep being happy. Like other couples, they couldn’t have everything.

“Eek-!”

Then, right then, Miyoung’s stomach started to turn. Before she knew it, she was sitting on the floor.

“Oh my, Lady Miyoung. Are you okay?”

A noble woman came up to Miyoung and helped her stand up.

“I’m.. I’m fine. Thank you”

The woman helped Miyoung stand up. Her mind was all over the place.