Chapter 27

Her words made things move around her.

“What are you talking about? That’s impossible!”

The pitch of Lady Jihye’s voice went up. She thought Miyoung had made fun of her.

“Right, but isn’t your language too harsh?” The countess, Lady Kijoo, stepped in to help.

But Miyoung’s face did not change at all. She told what had happened this morning at the house.

– Miyoung. Speaking of which, why did the Hans want to hold a tea party?

– Hmm. They sent out a letter saying that they are opening their gallery

– Marquis Han..

Taeyeon was thinking for a short time. Miyoung didn’t know that Taeyeon was the one who sent Sooyeon to help her at the royal dinner.

But since Taeyeon was watching the scene, he knew that Lady Jihye and Lady Kijoo would get Miyoung into trouble again.

– How about I help you out a little bit?

– Ah, no. I didn’t mean to make a request of you, Taeyeon. I’m thankful that you’ve given me faith.

– I know that as a guy I shouldn’t get involved in what women do. I just want to tell you something useful.

Miyoung looked interested when he spoke. When Taeyeon told the story, he gave Miyoung information that could be useful if she ever got into a tough position.

– From what I know, Marquis Han is crazy about art. But this time, I heard that the Lady has bought ‘Joy’ of Morden. ‘Joy’ is a work that belongs in a royal tale, so it makes sense to brag if you really have it. But it isn’t real.

– Really? How did you know that Lady Jihye had bought a fake?

Miyoung’s questions poured out. Taeyeon smiled sweetly at her and put his hand out to her. Miyoung’s head was touched by Taeyeon’s hand. He added a reason why.

– Because I have the original. Most likely, the Lady Han doesn’t know yet. If they had known, they wouldn’t have let the Lady show off that fake.

Then Taeyeon showed Miyoung the real ‘Joy’ and told her about how it was different from the copy. He also said that if she had to, she could say that he has the original.

When Miyoung thought about that memory, she started talking with a steady face.

“Would you like to look at this slice?” Miyoung took a piece of the fake ‘Joy.’

“It’s just plain white?”

“Really”

“Gemstone powder”

The women made low noises. Lady Jihye went pale when she looked at the cross-section.

“I think everyone knows what happens when you grind up gemstones, mix the powder, and make a bowl”

If diamond powder is mixed into the dough used to make a bowl, the bowl will have sparkles here and there. Not only should the outside shine, but so should the broken part.

But this ‘Joy’ was shiny on the outside, but the cross-section showed no sign of jewel powder. The rest of Miyoung’s answer continued.

“Even if this fake didn’t break, there’s another way to tell it’s a fake. This is Morden’s mark. Morden was left-handed. People say that he always signed from right to left”