Chapter 45

“Miyoung! Miyoung!” 

Taeyeon unintentionally called out Miyoung's name, but the situation was so critical that no one noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Taeyeon investigated Miyoung’s health. She had run out of energy. Taeyeon felt his heart sink as he saw her in that state. 

He rapidly pressed his finger against her nose. Fortunately, she was still alive. He asked Bora, turning his head,

“What the heck is going on?!”

“Well, the mistress let go of the cord, and the glass.. So there’s blood..” Bora was frightened and couldn’t talk properly.

Taeyeon focused his attention on Bora’s finger. It was a string tied to the headboard of the bed.

In the sunlight, the thread sparkled with glass particles. A scarlet substance, possibly Miyoung’s blood, was also dripping down the thread. 

‘Did the glass powder cut her?’ 

Her hand was red with blood. Glass powder glistened in the spaces between her palm wounds.

If she was left alone, the powder may enter her body through her wounds. It had to be wiped away as soon as possible.

“Bring some water!” 

Taeyeon removed the glass and poured the water brought by a servant over Miyoung’s palm.

This wound, however, was insufficient to induce her to collapse. He attentively examined her palm, but nothing seemed out of the norm.

‘Strange. She’s not going to collapse from a glass cut. Could it be..’ He felt an uneasy feeling.

Soon after, a doctor arrived. Miyoung’s condition was inspected by the doctor. 

Her lips had turned blue, according to the doctor. Bruises had formed on the inside of her palm, where the glass had become embedded. It was distinct from the wounds.

The doctor questioned Taeyeon after examining her condition. 

“Did the Duchess get cut by a shard of glass?”

“Yes, and how is her condition?” 

Taeyeon responded with concern. 

“Poison was undoubtedly the cause of her collapse”

“Poison? What exactly do you mean?” 

Taeyeon had suspected poison, but it proved to be true. Someone attempted to injure Miyoung, according to the doctor’s certain claim of poison. 

Who would dare to harm the duchess?

“Based on the blue change in her lips and the black spots on her palm, it’s a poison derived from the Madiana flower’s root. It’s a fatal poison that, if used in high doses, might kill even a healthy man. Fortunately, it appears to be a minor amount.. but it can still result in temporary eyesight loss and major health consequences. Moreover..”

The doctor paused briefly before proceeding. His attention was drawn to Miyoung’s stomach. 

“It appears that the Duchess is currently pregnant.. This type of poison is extremely harmful to the fetus. The infant may be at risk, especially since it occured so early in the pregnancy”

“The child is in jeopardy..” 

Taeyeon couldn’t hide his surprise. 

“However, the fact that the duchess’s life is not in danger is a relief. Here’s an antidote. After three days of administration, you should notice an improvement”