Chapter 26

“Yes, you are right”

Miyoung nodded in agreement. She talked a lot about herself and where she came from.

Not only did the elites care about their status now, but they also cared about where they came from.

That’s why women who were born in a Marquis’ house looked down on Miyoung, no matter how much she was a Duchess.

Taeyeon also knew this to be true. But he really thought that Miyoung didn’t need anything.

“But you are a Duchess, one of the most respected people in the kingdom. The Kim family, from which you come, is not easy to forget. You are also more beautiful than any other woman, not just because of your status”

Miyoung was a Duchess, even though it’s because of his brother. Besides the royal family, there were only under ten women who were more important than she was. Taeyeon wanted Miyoung to feel good about herself.

And Miyoung was very pretty. Taeyeon knew that many of the noblemen in the ballroom had sneaked looks at her. It was hard to understand why she didn’t believe in herself.

“No, it’s just you, Taeyeon..”

“I’m not that easy to please. I’d rather say they’re up there”

Taeyeon looked into Miyoung’s eyes and smiled. Then he kept going.

“I fell in love with you. If you don’t trust yourself, Miyoung, you can trust me”

Taeyeon kissed the top of Miyoung’s head. It was the same when he met Taeyeon for the first time. His words seemed to have strange power. When he said that to Miyoung, she felt like she was good enough.

Miyoung nodded. She could definitely trust him.

“I will put my trust in you”

“Yes, you can trust me, and feel free to value yourself”

He didn’t want anyone to be too careless with her.

“I understand, Taeyeon. I really appreciate it. Because of you, I feel stronger”

Miyoung’s face became happy. Taeyeon thought again about how Miyoung shines most when she smiles. He fell in love with that smile.

He wanted to see her smile like this for a long time.

“It seems like I just get help from you all the time”

“No, Miyoung, don’t say that. Your being in the world makes me happy”

Miyoung was afraid of the tea party, but Taeyeon made her feel better about it. It was up to Miyoung from here on out.

“Yes, you don’t have to be scared”

Miyoung picked a light green dress that was simple but stylish. Her brunette hair went well with the dress.

In the mirror, there was a lovely lady in a stylish dress. She chose to stop being shy around other important women.

“My lady, the horse-drawn carriage is ready”

“Thank you, and I’ll be down soon”

Shortly after that, Miyoung was about to get in the carriage that would take her to the house of Marquis Han. She had just put one foot on the first step of the carriage’s stairs.

‘Huh?’

Suddenly, she couldn’t see well and felt dizzy. Her body shook a little.

“Madam, are you okay?”