Chapter 20

The day of the imperial banquet has arrived. The imperial castle’s gates, which had been closed for some time, opened wide.

Despite being a Duchess, Miyoung was not particularly socially engaged. As soon as she enters the dining hall, it becomes evident that there are many aristocrats she does not recognize.

Miyoung, anxiously positioned in front of the banquet hall entrance, sucked in her saliva. The arm that was supporting Taeyeon’s arm shook.

Taeyeon questioned Miyoung after sensing the communicated shaking.

“Are you nervous?”

“To be honest.. yes.. I was a low ranking daughter, and our house was not prominent enough—”

“You can be courageous. There is no need to be anxious or reticent”

“…!”

How was Miyoung able to forget these words? This is what he said when she first met Taeyeon three and a half years ago.

His grin was the same as it was before. If he treats her with such generosity, she will anticipate reciprocity.

‘You can’t anticipate it’

“Thank you, Taeyeon”

Fearing that my voice might shake, I concentrated all of my anxieties, despite the fact that it was just one word.

It seemed like tears were forming at the corners of her eyes. Miyoung gave her tear ducts all the power she had and did her best not to cry.

Miyoung was unable to turn her head toward him for fear that her crying face would be exposed.

A little time later, when Miyoung altered their emotions, it was their turn to enter. The dinner hall was entered by Taeyeon and Miyoung.

“Duchess Kim Miyoung and Young Master Kim Taeyeon will now enter!”

The banquet hall attendant of Imperial Palace announced the places of the couple. Everyone’s attention shifted to them.

Miyoung and Taeyeon entered the banquet hall together.

“At that time, I never would have imagined wearing such beautiful attire or attending a dinner held by the Imperial Palace”

Furthermore, Taeyeon and his partner will attend the event as family members, not as lovers.

The inside of the hall resembled a banquet hosted at the Imperial Palace in its grandeur and splendor.

‘Everyone is really beautiful. They must come from wonderful families, yes?’

Miyoung lifted her head as she remembered Taeyeon’s remarks that it was alright to be sufficiently confident.

It seemed like the other nobles’ momentum was waning, and Miyoung recalled that Taeyeon had said it was alright to be so.

‘I am now the Duchess. I am not the same Low ranking’s Young Lady as I was three years ago’

Taeyeon’s eyes were heated as he peered down at Miyoung with his head erect, undeterred.

“This outfit flatters you”

“Thank you”

Miyoung was at a loss for words beyond ‘thank you’. She was unsure of how to treat him. They are kind of dating, but are not intimate as lovers.

‘What is he thinking?’

‘Why is he like this? Why do you treat me with such kindness? Perhaps—’