Chapter 12

Yoona continued to converse with Miyoung before returning to her home.

Time passed, and nighttime arrived. After all preparations for leaving had been completed, Miyoung sat unresponsive in front of the tea table. On the table was a box of Yoona incense candles.

I obtained it by mistake, but I wasn’t sure whether I could really use it.

‘Perhaps this is excellent’

Yoona intended to exploit it with her connection with Wonsik, although Miyoung had no such plans. Even if she used this fragrant candle to his body upon his return, it was evident that their relationship would not alter much.

The issue that might then be used was Taeyeon’s connection. However, leaving these incense candles burning..

‘It seems like I’m seducing him’

This evening, she will attend a great performance with him. Unbeknownst to her, Miyoung continued to feel anxious. Then there was a knock heard.

Knock!

Taeyeon was responsible. Miyoung closed the box’s lid and stood up from her chair.

She quelled her heart’s quivering and walked towards the door. She maintained her expressionless face with every stride, fearing that if she saw Taeyeon’s face, she would subconsciously adopt a timid expression.

Miyoung opened the door gently and met Taeyeon’s gaze. In the Ribella changing room, he had already fashioned his own outfit.

It was such a beautiful scene that it was tragic.

In fact, I began to believe that the crowd would stare at Taeyeon rather than the performers on stage..

Miyoung, however, questioned him with a pleasant smile, trying to be at ease so as not to get preoccupied with her thoughts.

“Can we now depart?”

“Looks like you are ready”

Taeyeon extended his hand to her. Miyoung grasped his hand with caution. She can feel his body heat on the clasped hands.

If only I could hold his hand like this every day, life would be perfect..

Miyoung entered the carriage with Taeyeon while contemplating the impossibility.

Taeyeon saw Miyoung from the other side of the carriage as they traveled to the theatre. Miyoung was unable to lift her head due to Taeyeon’s constant attention upon her.

Even though she pretended to be nonchalant, she could not pretend that nothing was happening while she was facing straight ahead.

“Is there anything on my face?”

Taeyeon was questioned by Miyoung, who was interested as to why he kept staring at her and also wanted to break the tense situation.

It was a strain for anybody to stare at someone so openly, however Miyoung didn’t mind receiving his gaze.

“I still believed that necklace would fit you. I never imagined you’d still be wearing this necklace after more than three years. I’d be pleased if you like it”

Miyoung instinctively lowered her head and inspected the necklace around her neck. A necklace encrusted with emeralds. It was the necklace given to her by Taeyeon three and a half years ago.

I did not purposefully wear this necklace to attract attention..

Taeyeon’s identification of the jewelry astonished Miyoung.