Chapter 32

As Miyoung's maid, she hung out with Wonsik on purpose to try to get him to fall in love with her.

- Are you Miyoung's maidservant?

- Yes, Your Grace. My name is Hyuna

- Stay with me tonight..

And Wonsik liked her a lot more than she thought he would.

"The first step is to let the Duke know about this"

Hyuna ran to Wonsik because she thought she had done what she had set out to do. Wonsik, who has been with Miyoung for 3 years but hasn't had a child with her yet, would be happy to hear this. If it was a son, he might even take over as Duke.

"Your Grace, Your Grace"

In Wonsik's room, he was reading a book. In Cairndale, he didn't do much. Someone else handled Cairndale on his behalf.

Wonsik put down the book he was reading and looked at Hyung, who was calling him in a fun way.

"What's wrong, Hyuna?"

"Take a look!"

A clear bottle was in Hyuna's hand. A green liquid was in the bottle.

"What is it?" Wonsik had no idea what was in the bottle.

"It's a potion that proves you're pregnant. I'm carrying your child, Your Grace! I just checked, and the liquid has turned green!"

Hyuna was as happy as a little kid. When Wonsik heard what Hyuna said, he got a big smile on his face.

"Really?"

Wonsik secretly feared that he might not be able to have children. He was happy to have a child, but he was even happier to have shown that he wasn't sterile.

'So Miyoung wasn't able to have children, not me. If not because of my brother, she wouldn't be worth anything..'

Wonsik thought Hyuna was even more beautiful than the other girls. Up until now, he had given her jewelry, clothes, and other things, but it seemed like he could give her even more today.

"What are you looking for?"

With a kind smile, Wonsik patted Hyuna's head.

"I'd like it to be a son very much"

No one could take over the House Kim. As things stood, Taeyeon's child would be the heir if he got married and had a kid.

Even more likely if they knew for sure that Miyoung couldn't have children. Wonsik had a huge smile on his face when he thought about his child becoming the heir.

"Can I, really, have this child?"

Hyuna claimed to be scared and asked Wonsik if she might not be able to have the child. This was a way for her to hide what she really wanted.

"Of course. What do you mean?"

"I'm just a maid. I'm not even the Duke's concubine, let alone his wife, so I thought I might not be able to have this child"

Wonsik didn't know what was going through her mind, so he shook his head as if that was nonsense.

"What are you talking about? It's my child, so you have to bring it into the world"

"So, what will happen to my work when I go back to the mansion? I'm so afraid I might lose the child while I'm at work"

Hyuna was getting Wonsik to tell her what she wanted to know. She wanted to quit her job as a maid first and foremost.