Chapter 16

‘Let’s go back’

The fact that I was suddenly unable to do anything for three months made me briefly suspect that my brain was malfunctioning..

And at that point, Taeyeon mounted his horse to return home.

Tak Tak! tak!

The sound was of footsteps. Taeyeon turned his head in the direction of the sound.

A young male was on the verge of entering the home. Taeyeon immediately dismounted and approached him.

“Are you residing in this mansion?”

“Yes I am.. but.. who are—”

The guy regarded Taeyeon with watchful eyes. Taeyeon wanted to request that he deliver the letter. A guy who is similar to Miyoung. Possibly because they resembled Miyoung’s family.

“Do you know anything about the daughter of Hwang? Hwang Miyoung” Taeyeon inquired about Miyoung.

“Do you have anything to do with my sister? It’s very late, so you should go back and return tomorrow”

As Taeyeon anticipated, the guy before him was a member of Miyoung’s family. Taeyeon caught him as he was about to enter the mansion and gave him a note, instructing him to return tomorrow.

“Are you able to deliver this letter to the Young Lady?”

Hwang Minhyun, the brother of Miyoung, received a letter from Taeyeon.

“Yes”

“Thank you very much” Taeyeon expressed gratitude.

Even if I were to write her this letter, it seems I would not be forgotten by Miyoung.

Taeyeon regarded the Hwang for a little while. Miyoung must have existed someplace inside this palace. He continued to examine the structure and then turned around.

Minhyun entered the residence with a letter from Taeyeon. He examined the letter in his possession. The letter was sealed with the Duke Kim’s seal.

Minhyun acknowledged Kim’s pattern and widened his eyes in response.

“From Duke Kim to my sister?”

That individual was a Kim. Minhyun turned and hastily opened the door to confirm the letter’s sender.

However, Taeyeon had already vanished into the night on horseback.

The next day, Taeyeon departed for Cairndale. And after three months of waiting for her response, Taeyeon never received a letter.

--

“Taeyeon, your brother is getting married”

“Yes?”

Taeyeon was unpacking on the day he returned from Cairndale when he heard a strange tale. The news was about his brother’s wedding.

Taeyeon had no idea who his future sister-in-law would be from the minute his mother informed him that his brother was getting married.

I just believed she was a noble girl from a respectable family..

“Today, I just stopped by the mansion to say hi. You should introduce yourself to her since she will be your future sister-in-law. Come down to the dining room when you’re done, Taeyeon, as we’re going to have supper together”

“Acceptable. I shall descend shortly”

Taeyeon nodded in agreement with his mother’s statement. When he arrived at the dinner table a short time later, he spotted the back of a brunette lady seated next to his brother.