Chapter 15

Wonsik and Miyoung were congratulated by many nobles on their wedding, under a magnificent chandelier. Miyoung seemed more stunning than ever.

A stunning beauty with a radiant grin wearing a diamond-dusted white bridal gown. She was sufficient to be the century’s Cinderella.

Today, Miyoung grinned brightly for herself. Everyone wished them well. The exception was Kim Taeyeon.

Taeyeon was unable to accept the truth before him. The wedding of his brother and the lady he loves. Even fate’s cruelest trick cannot be this absurd.

Six months ago, Taeyeon could not forget the moment he first met Miyoung.

How can I forget the astonished, wide-eyed expression I received when I told her she was beautiful?

Taeyeon, who seemed to be innocent, handed her the emerald necklace that was intended for the second princess on her birthday.

Because Miyoung, not the princess, owns the jewelry that closely resembles her eyes.

“Taeyeon! Did I not advise you to bring a gift for Princess Sooyeon to tonight’s banquet?”

“I will prepare it for next week and send it to her”

“The family that is allowed to invest in the company that the princess will be launching will be the day after tomorrow. Next week is already too late! You can’t even do a simple thing.. I am very disappointed in you Taeyeon”

As a consequence, Taeyeon was unable to deliver the second princess’s gift on time, and he heard his father, Duke Kim, fuming. However, he did not regret giving Miyoung the necklace.

I gave her my heart when I watched Miyoung beaming joyfully after getting the jewelry.

Taeyeon realized for the first time what it felt like to experience love at first sight.

It would have been lovely to converse with her further on the terrace, but he was unable to even ask her name since his father was searching for him in the dinner hall.

But Taeyeon was confident that he would see her again one day.

It would be helpful to know her name beforehand.

Taeyeon went to the house after the feast and asked his elder brother, Wonsik, whether he knew her name.

“Brother, do you know the brunette lady that was in the banquet hall? She’s wearing a beige dress and the young lady only stayed on the far corner”

Why didn’t he realize at that point that it would be Taeyeon’s worst mistake?

“Oh, I see. It must be Leo Hwang’s daughter, Miyoung. Her face is quite beautiful, but her family is rather poor. A Hwang, isn’t that a disintegrating family? Because she has a smooth face, wouldn’t she also marry a low-ranking, or would she be the concubine of an elderly marquis?”

Wonsik was caustic while discussing Miyoung. It was a flagrant disregard for her. Taeyeon’s face creased slightly when he heard his comments.

“The old marquis’s mistress”

Taeyeon lacked the self-assurance to observe her innocent grin as she was sold to the marquis as his concubine.

‘If I were to propose to her, would she accept?’

Today, I met this lady for the first time. I didn’t even get her name.

Oftentimes, arranged marriages were conducted without even knowing the parties’ faces, but Miyoung would have seen Taeyeon as a mere passerby.