Chapter 30

The two started getting ready for the banquet. There were a lot of things that had to be bought and set up ahead of time, so they were very busy for a few days.

“I think Aishtar Mountain wine would be a good choice for the drinks”

“Then I’ll try to find something to eat that goes well with the wine”

The first task was to choose drinks, appetizers, and easy drinks.

“We need to get some new covers. Maybe I should ask Lady Kang what I should do”

Then, they got ready things like tablecloths, curtains, and dishes that would set the mood of the dinner hall.

“Let’s invite the House Kang and Park for now, and..”

“Why don’t you also invite the Crown Prince and Princess?”

It was also very careful work to choose the most important people to invite. One of the most important parts of the dinner was choosing the people who would be there.

“Isn’t there a party coming up at Marquis Kang’s house? Since both of us have been invited, it would be interesting to see who else is there”

“Yes, I think that’s a good idea, Taeyeon”

Dress was the last thing. As the family’s hostess, she had to pay extra attention to this since she was planning the dinner.

“Should the dress be a little fancier than normal? Since we are the ones who are throwing the party”

“I agree that would also be better. Also, we should match the clothes my brother wears”

“Yes. Shouldn’t we, don’t you think?”

Miyoung replied to Taeyeon’s words with an angry tone in her voice.

Miyoung was sad that she had to help Wonsik get ready for the banquet. It started to feel more real that her husband Wonsik would be back soon.

Wonsik had already gone back to the house by the time this banquet took place. Miyoung felt sad every time she thought about her husband coming back soon. 

Taeyeon also felt the same way. He never once felt bad about not being the successor. But ever since he met Miyoung and learned that she felt the same way towards him, Taeyeon couldn’t stop thinking..

‘If only I had been the Duke’

But he couldn’t hurt his brother, just like Aslon couldn’t hurt his brother in the play. It was just too bad that these two people didn’t meet at the right time.

He didn’t want to feel bad about wanting to love Miyoung even more. 

--

At the home of Marquis Kang, there was a banquet. Not only Marquis Kang, but also his wife Soyou, had good connections in the social world.

Because of this, a lot of people were called to the banquet without any fuss.

Taeyeon and Miyoung were invited as partners. People knew that the two were going to the banquet together because they had been at the banquet at the Imperial City.

Because of this, no other women had asked Taeyeon to be their partner recently. Even if it was only for a moment, Miyoung was happy to be seen as Taeyeon’s partner.

But the fact that everything would be different in a month made her feel sad. Miyoung had been feeling a mix of happiness and worry over the past few days.