Chapter 21

What are you ladies talking about?”

She had beautiful shiny hair and brown eyes that looked like they were falling in love. 

Jung Sooyeon, Princess of the Empire, stepped into the conversation between the three of them.

“I greet the Imperial Princess”

Both Miyoung and the other woman bowed to the princess. 

Sooyeon kept talking in a clear voice.

“I’m sorry if I got in your way of talking. But it seemed like you couldn’t stop looking at the Duchess’s hairpin”

She said things that were about Miyoung’s hairpin. 

Princess Sooyeon might even be trying to say something bad about Miyoung’s hairpin. 

Miyoung gave Sooyeon a tense look as she looked at her.

“May I ask where you bought it?”

“My mother gave it to me.. as a gift”

Miyoung gave an honest answer to Sooyeon’s question.

‘Are you gonna make fun of me? Are you saying that my eyes are not good as a professional jeweler?’

She waited nervously for the princess to speak. Sooyeon said something.

“The Duchess's parent has good taste. Even though the jewelry is small, it has a classy look. I think I’ll try this hairpin made of sapphire next time”

Miyoung’s eyes got big when Sooyeon said something out of the blue. 

Princess Sooyeon was the leader of fashion in the social world. 

When Sooyeon wore jewelry or a dress to a banquet, many noble women wore the same things to the next banquet.

When Sooyeon saw them, she looked at them both and asked. “Isn’t that right, Countess Kijoo, Marchioness Jihye?”

When the princess asked them what they thought, their faces got very red. 

They were in a situation where they had less than 5 minutes to change the words they said on some trinkets that used to be sarcastic to say they were classy.

But they couldn’t help but answer the princess’s question, and they couldn’t say anything that was different from what she said, which was that she was a fashion leader.

“Oh, it’s very pretty”

“I mean, right”

Both of them spoke in a shaky way.

“Yeah, now that I think about it, I do want to meet someone, so I guess I’ll have to go back and check that person out”

“I think my husband is here”

It was sad that the situation kept going on. 

Marchioness Jihye and the Countess Kijoo quickly got up from their seats, leaving Sooyeon and Miyoung to say their goodbyes.

Sooyeon kept looking at their backs, then moved her eyes to a corner of the banquet hall. 

She looked at Taeyeon as he talked to the prince. 

Taeyeon and Sooyeon’s eyes met.

‘Is this how it goes, Taeyeon?’

She smiled at Taeyeon in a deep way.