chapter 15 Some face in the life I long forgot

Even in the car, Hazel trembled with fear. She couldn't understand why meeting a stranger affected her so much. Eliza suspected that Hazel might somehow remember bits of her past life. Maybe the memories weren't clear, but the feeling of fear lingered.

Back at home, Mr. Wilson greeted his family with a smile, but it faded upon seeing their gloomy faces. Inside, Adam welcomed them, receiving only nods in response. Hazel and her mother sat on the sofa while Eliza fetched water. Hazel's color seemed a bit better now.

After drinking, Mr. Wilson and Adam inquired about what happened. Mrs. Wilson recounted the encounter with the Walkers, sparking anger in both men. Adam, seeing Hazel's pale face, prepared to confront the Walkers.

Panicked, Hazel stopped him. "They didn't do anything to us. We don't even know them. It's better to avoid people like that," she pleaded. Adam calmed down, and after a light dinner, everyone retired to their rooms.

Eliza, worried about her sister, decided to sleep in Hazel's room that night. In the middle of the night, Hazel screamed, jolted awake by a nightmare. Eliza, startled, rushed to her side and gently shook her awake.

When Hazel saw Eliza, she took a deep breath, relief washing over her panicked face. "He's going to kill me! He told me!" she cried, tears streaming down her face.

Eliza's heart ached for her sister. She suspected the nightmare stemmed from Hazel's past life.  She comforted Hazel with water and helped her fall back asleep. Left alone with her thoughts, Eliza pondered the possibility of Hazel regaining her memories – memories filled with pain that Eliza desperately wanted to shield her from.

Eliza herself couldn't grasp why she was reborn with past-life memories. It was all so confusing. Eventually, sleep claimed her too.

For days, Hazel remained withdrawn, neglecting her design work. Eliza contacted Hazel's boss, Sofia, and secured a few days of leave. Sofia, despite her wealthy background, was down-to-earth and quickly became close to the Wilsons. She even enjoyed Mrs. Wilson's cooking and became a subscriber to her YouTube channel. The Wilson family embraced Sofia warmly.

Hazel's condition improved with time, thanks to her supportive family and friend, Sofia. She regained her energy and focus. Throughout this period, Eliza and Hazel continued their exercise and self-defense training, feeling like they could handle any criminal, just like their brother. Adam, to their amusement, trained them professionally.

A month passed in a blur. In just a week, Eliza's university life, the tragic life from her past, would begin again. But this time, Eliza vowed to break the cycle and forge a new path.