CHAPTER EIGHT : A COLD ALPHA

Mia was reduced to nothing because of what Miram had done. The maids had no regard for her anymore. She didn't feel very different from when she was still staying within her pack.

"It's time to have your bath." A maid came over to her room and said,

She didn't even register when the maid came by. Mia was startled.

"Oh!" She exclaimed softly.

She looked at what the maid was carrying in her arms.

"Is there an occasion?" She asked.

"Yes there is. The Alpha requests that you be present at the dining room in a few minutes and he said that we must make sure that you look presentable." The maid answered.

"Presentable?" Mia looked down at herself.

"When have I not been?" She thought.

"I won't be wearing those." Mia said adamantly.

"But you have to." The maid insisted.

"I do not want to. You can't force me to. I will just wear plain clothes instead. There won't be any need to wear too many fancy things." Mia responded.

Mia eyed the dress in the maid's hands. There were shiny silver jewelries used to design the dress and it was peach pink and the material looked very soft. She seemed to have regretted her actions but she quickly recovered from the thought. She didn't want to be bossed around by either Aaron or Miram.

The maid sighed, "if that is what you want but I hope that I don't get into trouble for doing this."

"You won't."

Few minutes later, Mia was dressed in a plain forest green dress. There were no shiny ornaments that were used to decorate the dress this time but it got Mia perfectly.

She smiled brightly and twirled around for the maid to see.

"How do I look?" She asked.

The maid just smiled lightly and replied, "simple."

"Well, that's exactly the look we hope to achieve." Mia said with her chin raised high.

She didn't want her mood to become dampened in any way. She felt like she had already heard enough insults for one day. She wanted to be herself.

"Now, lead me to the dining room."

"Oh certainly." The maid replied.

"This way." She said and led the way to the dining room.

It was on the very last floor and it seemed detached from the places that Justice had taken her to while he had taken her on a tour around the palace. Actually, around the last floor of the palace that only included the rooms for the maids and the kitchen.

They both walked through a very large hall before they stood in front of very high brown and golden decorated double doors.

"What's that hall?" Mia asked the maid.

She looked back, "that's the ball room and a place where the Alpha can gather the members of the pack and pass a law. There haven't been any serious cases though so it's just for partying." The maid replied.

Mia nodded without saying a word in response.

The maid knocked softly on the door and it was opened up by two Beta guards. The maid bowed before leaving.

Mia's eyes felt like they were about to fall off their sockets when she saw how big the dining room was and how large the table was. Her eyes immediately stopped at Miram who was taking slow sips from something in her wooden but artistically carved cup.

She was beautiful. Her hair was tied into a bun and then a few of her hair was made to rest on her face. Her dress too was luxurious.

Mia immediately felt a bit small.

There were others who were seated. Aaron was at the very end and Miram was seated beside him. The seat across hers was empty and Mia walked over to it and pulled it back to seat.

She hears a snort. She saw that it came from Miram.

"Pardon my manners but I was wondering why she thinks she is allowed to sit there." She said whilst still sipping from her cup.

"And who is this?" An elderly werewolf male asked.

Mia, embarrassed, left the chair and went to sit at a farther corner.

"That is no business of anyone." Aaron replied.

"Now let's get down to business. I didn't want to discuss this at the council meeting because I didn't think that it was necessary to mention it to them.

"Of course, so, what do we do about the fact that our warriors are now short on supply of weapons. I know that we are werewolves and do not need to be equipped with weapons because we are already walking war machines, but we need to be above all the other packs if we are to maintain our status of being the most revered pack within the territories of the Werewolf kingdom." The older werewolf said.

He seemed to be Aaron's adviser.

"So where do we get the raw materials we will use in making the weapons you just talked about?" Aaron asked.

"We conquer another territory." Miram suggested.

"And what territory do you propose we attack?"

"The shadow pack." Miram replied.

Mia's eyes grew wide and she mistakenly dropped the cup she had in her hand. All eyes landed on her.

"Must you attack another pack and invade their territory?" She asked with a shaky voice.

"And who told you that you could butt into matters concerning this pack?" Miram asked rudely.

"I mean, there can be another way. You don't have to spill blood to get the materials that you require." Mia continued, now feeling determined to pass her points through to Aaron who just started emotionlessly at her.

"What do you propose?" Aaron asked her.

Miram scoffed, "unbelievable Aaron, why would you possibly take advice from this piece of trash. What does she know about governance."

"Let her speak Miram." He ordered.

But Miram angrily stood up and banged the table so hard the sound reverberated round the dining room.

"Over my dead body will I ever let this thing tell me how to run my territory." She yelled.

Aaron simply looked at her coldly, "Wrong Miram, it's my territory. Don't ever forget that."

Mia felt like ice and Miram stormed out of the dining room. Aaron didn't even flinch or act like he just offended her. His Soon-to-be Luna.

*************

Thank you all for reading, I greatly appreciate it 😌. Your support means a lot to this upcoming writer.

Please, don't forget to like, comment, share and follow for more updates darling. ❤️😘.

I love you all onge again.
Signed
Princess💖