CHAPTER TWELVE: THE POSSIBILITY OF FRIENDSHIP

Mia kept squinting at the piece of parchment in front of her. She looked at it for a very long time before she grunted loudly and scrunched it up and then tossed it aside. Nothing seemed to be coming to her mind as she just stayed there looking at it. She hasn't even drawn a common stroke.

"You seem to be very frustrated at how slow you're progressing."

She jumped at the sound of the voice. Her heart was beating so fast she had to use her hands to regulate it.

"Sorry, I didn't know when you came in." She said,

"It's fine, after all Aaron assigned me to you." Justice said.

"Is that why you're here? Because he sent you?" Mia asked.

"Hardly." He replied.

"Then why have you come?" She asked.

"Well, I think we started off on the wrong foot. I seemed a little bit cold and distant."

"Isn't that how you're meant to be, I mean you're a beta guard." Mia said in response.

"That doesn't mean that I can't help you out, can't I?" He asked.

"Oh please, I would greatly appreciate that. Although, I can't help but notice that you called Aaron, your Alpha but his name." She said,

Justice smiled, "yeah I did."

"Why? You're rebelling now all of a sudden?" She asked.

"That's not the case. I am a beta guard, yes that's true but I used to be his friend and we both fought for the position of Alpha but unfortunately, I lost and he won and what better way to pay his best friend than to make him his very close and trusted guard." Justice replied.

"It hardly seems like he treats you as such though. Doesn't that bother you?" Mia asked.

Justice smiled, "I believe that you're the one who should be most worried."

Mia's eyes went to the blank piece of parchment and the quill which was still on the table.

She sighed and moved to sit down.

"I don't know how that old craftsman, Donald, expects me to learn without any prior training. He's meant to be here showing me the ropes. At least how to use this for example." She said and picked up the quill.

Justice stood beside her and took her hand. She looked at his face and quickly looked away. Her cheeks flushed but not so much and she didn't feel as drawn to him as she felt with Aaron. She didn't know why she felt very drawn to Aaron when it was evident that she didn't have a wolf.

A werewolf that hasn't transformed in her entire life was wolf-less. She concluded that.

With her hand, he held the quill and began to make strokes on the parchment.

"Isn't...helping me going to put you in trouble?" Sbe stammered.

He smiled while looking at her ever amber eyes which have refused to turn brown like all the rest when they aren't in their wolf state.

"It won't put any of us in trouble as long as you don't tell."

She bit her lips and looked back down.

"I'll just teach you how to make strokes. What's really important is what you're able to come up with. A design that will move any werewolf to acquire. It must be captivating enough and must be smoothly cut." Justice said.

He kept holding her hand and drawing strokes while standing behind her. Very close to her. His face was inches from hers. She didn't dare to look at him.

It didn't matter that he was a beta guard. He was also very handsome but not as ruggedly handsome as Aaron. Mia concluded.

"You talk as if you know how to make these crafts." She said,

He scoffed lightly but not in a sarcastic or derogatory manner, "I do know a few things because I've been to a few territories. Making it isn't what will keep you alive. It's your design. That's what Aaron really cares about."

"Is that so?" She asked.

"Yes, your designs are what will make you unique. You have to come up with something that no one has and something that will catch the eye of anyone who sees it. Once you've done that, keep it a secret. Don't tell anyone about it. Just put it to practice on the gems." He responded.

She sighed and then he let go of her hand and let her take over. She started by drawing straight lines before drawing some circles.

"I suggest that you go outside a bit more so that you find what inspires you and that way you'll be able to create something extraordinary." He said.

"Do you think I'm really capable of doing that? Creating something extraordinary? Something that will be coveted by werewolves and Alphas within the werewolf territories?" She asked, feeling very unsure of herself.

Justice chuckled, "you seem to be having cold feet now. You must have sounded confident when you made the proposal but now that you're dealing with the reality of it all, you're chickening out."

"I'm not, it's just that," she paused and bit her lips,

"It's just that I don't think I can do all this in so little time. All I want is just to prevent an outbreak of war." She finished.

"Sometimes, there are just some things that you can't avoid." Justice stated.

Mia looked at him and although she felt glad to be talking to someone so casually, she still didn't trust him.

"I have a question to ask and I want the honey truth."

"What's that?" He asked.

"Why are you telling me all this? I mean why are you even talking with me in the first place? When I first came here, you didn't talk to me at all. No one here literally cares about me or acts like I exist. When they do, it's to ridicule me and make me feel like trash." Mia said.

"Should there be a reason?" He asked.

"There is always a reason." Mia responded.

"Well then, let's just say that I pity you. That should be good enough a reason to talk with you isn't it." He smiled and left, leaving Mia once again alone in her own world.

She sighed as she watched him leave the small workshop. She felt happy inside that he could be the first friend she would make while staying at the Nyx pack. It hurt her that it would be built on pity but it was something she was willing to accept.

**********************

It seems like Mia is feeling a lot hopeful.

Guys, once again, I love that you all are supporting me. It really means a lot ot me that I can garner your support.

Don't forget to like, comment, share and follow me for more updates my loves. ❤️😘.

So far, the journey has been a swirl ride.