Chapter 8 - Sense of Security

Chapter 8 Sense of Security unedited

When she stumbled on a stone and fell backwards, Ying Zhiyu's heart also hung in her throat——

Next to the shore is the Huali River, and the depth of this water area is unknown. If you fall into it, the consequences will be unimaginable.

At the moment when Ying Zhiyu fell backwards, Zhou Wangyu immediately grabbed her wrist and pulled her forcefully in front of him.

The calm force of Zhou Wangyu pulled her back, and Ying Zhiyu stumbled forward a few steps, with the brim of her sun protective jacket poking at Zhou Wangyu's chest.

She was somewhat panicked, and in her panic, Ying Zhiyu placed her hand on Zhou Wangyu's chest.

Zhou Wangyu's hands exerted strength, and Ying Zhiyu felt her wrist tightly confined. The temperature in his palm flowed through her skin, giving her a strong sense of security.

Ying Zhiyu lowered her head to catch her breath, and Zhou Wangyu's voice expressed concern, "Are you okay? Have you sprained your feet?"

"I... it's okay," Ying Zhiyu took a deep breath to stabilize her emotions.

Ying Zhiyu broke out in a cold sweat, and after she stood firm, Zhou Wangyu withdrew his hand. Feeling Zhou Wangyu lifting his hand slightly beside her, his posture seemed ready to help her at any moment.

"It's okay," Ying Zhiyu looked up at her and felt a dryness in her throat. She whispered, "Sorry, I'll go get some water."

Zhou Wangyu spoke in a gentle tone, "If you're feeling unwell, don't hold on."

After answering "Yes" Ying Zhiyu walked towards the location where they placed their things.

After calming down, Ying Zhiyu's mind was filled with images of Zhou Wangyu pulling her just now.

Away from the riverbank, Ying Zhiyu came to the stone table and took a sip of water from her bag, then moved her feet.

Confirming no sprains, Ying Zhiyu breathed a sigh of relief.

Ying Zhiyu still has lingering palpitations, fortunately, Zhou Wangyu next to her has held onto her. When she looked towards Zhou Wangyu, he was bending over and picking up something from where they were casting their nets.

Zhou Wangyu has a tall stature, and the bending motion appears somewhat clumsy. However, his gaze was serious and his expression was also very focused.

After fixing her gaze, Ying Zhiyu finally saw clearly what Zhou Wangyu was picking up.

The area on the shore is already flat, with very small sand and gravel, and the stones appear particularly prominent and abrupt.

There were several stones in Zhou Wangyu's palm, as if he didn't want to let go of any nearby ones. After picking them up, he carefully checked them for a while.

After draining the water, Ying Zhiyu walked over and unnaturally called out his name, "Zhou... Wangyu, I didn't sprain my foot. Thank you."

"It's okay," Zhou Wangyu carefully placed the few stones in his hand aside, and then picked up the fishing cage that had fallen on the ground. "You assembled the fishing cage, do you want to throw it yourself?"

"I want to give it a try," Ying Zhiyu replied.

Taking the fishing cage from Zhou Wangyu's hand, Ying Zhiyu paid attention to the road under her feet and walked to the shore.

Having seen Zhou Wangyu throwing a ground cage and seeing some videos and pictures before, Ying Zhiyu simulated the action of throwing a fishing cage in her mind. She shook the weight of the fishing cage in her hand and looked at the river.