Chapter 29 - HuaNiao Market (3)

Chapter 29 - HuaNiao Market (3) unedited

At the moment when the parrot flew over, Zhou Wangyu blocked it in front of Ying Zhiyu.

It was evident that Ying Zhiyu was very scared. She let out a scream and then grabbed the clothes behind Zhou Wangyu in terror.

For domestic parrots, they are now more often kept by hand rather than in cages to enhance their relationship with their owners.

When Zhou Wangyu first entered the door, he noticed the scattered lovebird parrot. It was standing on a shelf and looking towards the door, but he didn't expect it to fly towards the two of them.

The lovebird parrot is not aggressive, it landed on Zhou Wangyu's shoulder. Like Ying Zhiyu behind him, its claws clasped onto Zhou Wangyu's clothes.

Zhou Wangyu grabbed the lovebird parrot with his bare hands. It seemed not afraid of people, and Zhou Wangyu's hand did not exert any force. The lovebird parrot obediently lay in the palm of his hand, allowing Zhou Wangyu's fingers to scratch its neck.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," the boss walked over and took the parrot from Zhou Wangyu's hand. "What's going on today? You fly when you see someone. I'll lock you up tomorrow."

"It's okay," Zhou Wangyu turned around and upon hearing these words, Ying Zhiyu slightly turned her head to look at the lovebird parrot in the boss's hand.

Whenever she saw insects while wild fishing or personally kneading it to the bait, Ying Zhiyu never showed such panic.

Seeing her so happy with the cockatiel, Zhou Wangyu thought she was interested in parrots, but he didn't expect her to be so scared.

Worried that the parrot might pounce again, Zhou Wangyu turned around and said, "Let's go out first."

Ying Zhiyu, who was originally a scaredy cat, also returned to normal. She curled her lips awkwardly and quickly left the store.

The corridor was filled with the sounds of various animals, and Ying Zhiyu looked back at the shop with fear. "Once, I was pecked by a pigeon in the park, and on the way back, I was pecked on the head by a bird. Since then, I have been very afraid of birds," she explained.

Ying Zhiyu let out a deep sigh as she lowered her eyes, looking preoccupied.

After listening to Ying Zhiyu's experience, Zhou Wangyu also understood why she was like this, and at the same time, a picture of little Ying Zhiyu being pecked appeared in his mind.

"How could someone be pecked twice on the same day," Ying Zhiyu said helplessly, " it's only me."

They walked as they spoke, passing by a shrimp shop. There was a tank at the door that kept some cherry shrimp and caridean shrimp. The two of them paused for a moment to look at the shrimp in the tank.

Ying Zhiyu continued, "But I also think those parrots are very cute, like budgerigar and lovebird. Not only do they have a round head, but their fur looks very smooth. There is also the cockatiel, whose two tufts of hair on its face are just right."

Zhou Wangyu looked at Ying Zhiyu and comforted her, "Generally, these types of domesticated parrots are not aggressive."

"I know, I have also seen some relatives' birds, they are very obedient in their owners' hands. Just like the lovebird in your hand, although it has no aggression at all, I have tried but still dare not touch it."

The influence of childhood shadows on Ying Zhiyu cannot be underestimated, and even now she still has lingering palpitations.

Seeing the fragile side of Ying Zhiyu, Zhou Wangyu's heart sank.