Twenty Four

One week later....

At home, Wooyoung is sitting on the couch with Jiwoo playing in his lap when his phone rings. Seeing Mingi and Yeosang’s names on the screen, he smiles and answers the call.

Wooyoung: "Hey, guys! What’s up?"

Mingi: "Wooyoung! We were thinking of hanging out. Want to join us?"

Wooyoung: "I’d love to, but I have to look after Jiwoo. San’s busy at work."

Yeosang: "Why don’t you bring Jiwoo along? We’d love to see her."

Wooyoung hesitates, thinking about the logistics and Jiwoo’s comfort.

Wooyoung: "Are you sure? She can be a handful sometimes."

Mingi: "Absolutely! It’ll be fun. Come on, Wooyoung, you need a break too."

Still unsure, Wooyoung decides to call San to get his opinion. He dials San’s number and waits for him to pick up.

San: "Hey, Wooyoung. Everything okay?"

Wooyoung: "Hey, San. Mingi and Yeosang want to hang out and they said I could bring Jiwoo along. Do you think it’s okay if I take her with me?"

San smiles, hearing the concern in Wooyoung’s voice.

San: "Of course, Wooyoung. It’s good for you to get out and have some fun. Just make sure you take care of her, and don’t hesitate to call me if you need anything."

Wooyoung: "Thanks, San. I appreciate it."

San: "No problem. Enjoy your time. Jiwoo’s in good hands with you."

Feeling relieved, Wooyoung ends the call and returns to Mingi and Yeosang on the other line.

Wooyoung: "Okay, guys. I’m in. San said it’s fine. Come pick us up?"

Mingi: "Awesome! We’ll be there in 15 minutes."

True to their word, Mingi and Yeosang arrive soon after. Wooyoung has Jiwoo ready with her diaper bag and some snacks. He carefully secures Jiwoo in her car seat before getting into the car himself.

Yeosang: "There’s our little princess! Hey, Jiwoo!"

Jiwoo gurgles happily, her eyes wide with curiosity as she looks at the new faces. Mingi starts the car, and they drive off, filled with anticipation for a fun outing.

Mingi: "So, where to? Any preferences, Wooyoung?"

Wooyoung: "Someplace baby-friendly would be good. Maybe a park or a café with a play area?"

Yeosang: "Sounds perfect. Let’s head to the new café downtown. I heard they have a nice play area for kids."

The group chats and laughs on the way, with Jiwoo occasionally babbling and giggling from her car seat. They soon arrive at the café, finding a cozy spot near the play area. Wooyoung sets Jiwoo down on a soft mat where she can play with the toys available.

Yeosang: "Look at her go! She’s adorable."

Wooyoung: "Yeah, she’s full of energy. Thanks for inviting us out, guys. I really needed this."

Mingi: "No problem. We’ve missed hanging out with you. Plus, it’s great to see Jiwoo too."

The friends spend the next few hours catching up, enjoying their drinks, and playing with Jiwoo, who seems to be having the time of her life. Wooyoung feels a wave of gratitude for having such supportive friends. The outing proves to be a much-needed break, filled with laughter and warmth.