Fourty Three

The next day, Minji woke up with a sense of excitement. It was Jiwoo’s first birthday soon, and she wanted to find the perfect gift. She had planned to call Mingi and ask him to come along, but before she could even reach for her phone, the doorbell rang.

Curious, she walked over to the door and opened it, finding Mingi standing there with a bright smile on his face.

"Good morning, Minji," he greeted, his eyes lighting up at the sight of her.

Minji laughed, surprised but delighted. "Good morning, Mingi. I was just about to call you."

Mingi raised an eyebrow playfully. "Great minds think alike, huh? I thought we could go shopping for Jiwoo's birthday gift together."

Minji grinned, feeling her heart flutter at his thoughtfulness. "That sounds perfect. Give me a minute to get ready."

A short while later, Minji emerged, looking fresh and ready for the day. They headed out together, the morning sun casting a warm glow over the streets.

As they walked, Mingi turned to Minji with a soft smile. "Any ideas on what to get for Jiwoo?"

Minji pondered for a moment. "I want to get her something special, something she'll cherish as she grows older."

Mingi nodded thoughtfully. "How about we start with the toy store? We can see if something catches our eye."

They arrived at the toy store, a wonderland of colors and sounds. Minji's eyes sparkled with excitement as she led the way inside, and Mingi followed, smiling at her enthusiasm.

They browsed through the aisles, picking up different toys and discussing their merits. Minji held up a stuffed animal. "What about this? It's soft and cuddly."

Mingi examined it, then nodded approvingly. "Jiwoo would love that. But let's keep looking, just in case we find something even better."

They continued their search, their playful banter making the shopping trip even more enjoyable. Minji picked up a colorful building block set. "These are great for development. Jiwoo could learn and play at the same time."

Mingi agreed, adding it to their growing pile of potential gifts. "Educational and fun. Perfect combination."

As they wandered further, Minji's eyes fell on a beautifully crafted music box. She picked it up and wound the key, watching as a sweet melody filled the air. Mingi saw the look of wonder on her face and smiled.

"That's beautiful, Minji," he said softly. "Jiwoo would treasure that for years."

As they strolled around, Minji turned to Mingi with a thoughtful expression. "Jiwoo is no ordinary child. She’s the daughter of the successor of Choi Enterprises. She deserves something truly special, something worthy of her status."

Mingi nodded in agreement. "You're right, Minji. Let's make sure we get her something that stands out."

They decided to visit an upscale children's boutique known for its luxurious items. As they entered, the elegant displays and high-end products immediately caught their attention.

While they were browsing, a friendly saleswoman approached them with a smile. "Good afternoon. Are you looking for something special?"

Mingi replied, "Yes, we're shopping for a baby girl."

The saleswoman's eyes lit up. "Oh, how wonderful! Is it your first child?"

Minji and Mingi exchanged a flustered glance, both of them blushing deeply at the implication. Minji quickly shook her head, smiling nervously. "Oh no, it's not our baby. We’re shopping for my cousin's daughter."