Thirty Four

Wooyoung sat on the couch, his hands running through his hair in frustration. Minji sat across from him, sipping tea and listening intently as he vented his feelings.

"It's been two weeks, Minji. Two weeks without a single word from him," Wooyoung said, his voice a mix of anger and worry. "How can he just disappear like this? Jiwoo's been so fussy, she's missing her father, and I don't know how to comfort her anymore."

Minji nodded, understanding the depth of his frustration. "He's being incredibly childish, Wooyoung. But you know San, he probably thinks this is the only way to deal with everything that's happened."

Wooyoung scoffed, "Deal with it? By running away and leaving his daughter and me behind? That's not dealing with it, that's avoiding it. And it's not fair to any of us."

Minji reached out and placed a comforting hand on Wooyoung's knee. "I know, it's not fair. But maybe he's just trying to sort through his own emotions. The argument with Mr. Choi was intense, and he might be feeling a lot of pressure."

Wooyoung sighed deeply, leaning back against the couch. "I get that, but he could at least let us know he's okay. Jiwoo cries for him at night, and I can't even tell her when he'll be back."

Minji looked at Wooyoung with sympathy. "You have every right to be angry, Wooyoung. But you also need to take care of yourself. Jiwoo needs you to be strong for her."

Wooyoung nodded, tears threatening to spill over. "I just feel so helpless, Minji. I don't know what to do."

Minji squeezed his knee gently. "You're doing everything you can. And you have friends who are here to support you. Mingi and Yeosang are always willing to help, and you know I'll be here whenever you need me."

Wooyoung offered a small, grateful smile. "Thank you, Minji. I don't know what I'd do without you all."

Minji smiled back, "That's what friends are for, Wooyoung. We'll get through this together."

As Wooyoung and Minji sat in the dimly lit living room, the weight of the situation still heavy on Wooyoung's heart, he took comfort in the fact that he wasn't alone. Despite San's absence, he had a support system that cared deeply for him and Jiwoo. And that, for now, would have to be enough.

As Wooyoung sat with Minji, his phone buzzed on the table. He quickly picked it up, seeing San's assistant's name flash on the screen.

"Hello?" Wooyoung answered, his voice tinged with hope and anxiety.

"Mr. Wooyoung, I have some news regarding Mr. San," the assistant began. "He will be returning tomorrow night. Instead of taking the private jet, he'll be on a public flight. Here are the flight details and arrival time."

Wooyoung's heart skipped a beat, relief flooding through him. "Thank you so much for letting me know. I can't tell you how much this means."

"You're welcome. I understand this has been a difficult time for you and Jiwoo. Safe travels to the airport," the assistant replied before hanging up.

Wooyoung turned to Minji, a wide smile spreading across his face. "San's coming back tomorrow night! He's on a public flight, and I have all the details."

Minji's eyes widened with surprise and relief. "That's fantastic news! Are you going to the airport to pick him up?"

"Absolutely," Wooyoung said, his voice firm. "And I have a list of things I'm going to ask him and some penalties for leaving us like that."

Minji chuckled, "Penalties, huh? Like what?"

Wooyoung grinned mischievously, pulling out a notepad and pen. "Oh, you know, things like changing all the diapers for a week, midnight feedings, and a full apology tour."