Fourty

The Choi Enterprises grand ballroom was transformed into a lavish spectacle, befitting a celebration of the highest order. Chandeliers glittered overhead, casting a warm, golden light over the elegantly decorated room. Tables draped in rich, ivory linens were adorned with towering floral arrangements, each centerpiece a masterpiece of fresh blooms and delicate greenery. The air was filled with the soft strains of a live string quartet, setting an ambiance of refined elegance.

Waitstaff glided gracefully between the guests, offering trays of delicate hors d'oeuvres and flutes of champagne. The guests, dressed in their finest evening attire, mingled and conversed, the hum of polite conversation blending with the music. A stage at one end of the room was set up with an impressive display for the newest perfume launch, showcasing sleek, modern bottles illuminated by soft spotlights.

Wooyoung, dressed in a tailored black tuxedo, moved through the crowd with practiced ease, greeting guests with polite smiles and firm handshakes. Despite the facade of confidence, there was an undercurrent of sadness in his eyes, a reflection of the six long months without San. He glanced over to Minji, who was also in attendance, her elegant dress shimmering under the lights. Minji, Yunho, Mingi, and Yeosang were nearby, providing much-needed support and companionship.

Yunho, always full of energy, looked around in awe. "Wow, this is something else! They really pulled out all the stops, huh?"

Mingi nodded, equally impressed. "Definitely. Mr. Choi knows how to throw a party."

Yeosang, more reserved, took in the surroundings with a quiet smile. "It’s beautiful. The decor, the music... everything is perfect."

Minji, always observant, noticed Wooyoung's momentary lapse into sadness. She gently touched his arm. "How are you holding up?"

Wooyoung forced a smile. "I’m managing. Just trying to make sure everything goes smoothly."

Nearby, Mr. Choi was engaged in conversation with some of the Japanese partners, his demeanor professional and composed. He occasionally glanced over at Wooyoung, acknowledging his efforts with a subtle nod.

As the evening progressed, the main event began. Mr. Choi took the stage, delivering a speech about the new perfume line, its inspiration, and the collaboration with their Japanese partners. His words were met with polite applause and nods of approval.

Wooyoung and his friends moved to the front, supporting Mr. Choi's presence with their own, ensuring that all aspects of the event were covered. Yunho couldn’t help but make a quip. "If they served some ramen here, it’d be perfect."

Mingi laughed. "Always thinking with your stomach, huh?"

Yunho grinned. "You know it."

Despite the light-hearted banter, Wooyoung’s thoughts kept drifting back to San. Every successful handshake, every approving nod from the guests, felt like a hollow victory without San by his side. He missed his partner’s presence, his support, his love. The six months had been a test of his resilience, and tonight, amidst the celebration, he felt the weight of that absence more keenly than ever.

As the night continued, Wooyoung found solace in the company of his friends. They laughed, shared stories, and for a moment, Wooyoung allowed himself to forget the pain, immersing in the camaraderie and the success of the event. It was a brief respite, but one he desperately needed.

Wooyoung handed Jiwoo over to Yunho, Mingi, and Yeosang with a soft smile. "Hey guys, can you watch Jiwoo for a bit? I need to go meet some clients from Japan for Mr. Choi."

Yunho nodded enthusiastically, taking Jiwoo from Wooyoung’s arms. "Of course! We’ll take good care of her. Right, Jiwoo? Ready for some fun with Uncle Yunho?"