Nine

Wooyoung was at home still waiting for Seonghwa's return. His boyfriend promised that he'll return before midnight and sleep at the dorm but it was 12:34am currently. Wooyoung started to get worried. He called Seonghwa but he didn't pick up. There was no reply to the text messages Wooyoung had sent him an hour ago. Suddenly the dorm door opened as Wooyoung turned to it's direction.

Wooyoung's heart pounded as he watched Seonghwa's pale and tear-stained face enter the dorm, his own worry mounting with each second that passed. Without hesitation, he rushed to Seonghwa's side, his hands reaching out in concern.

"Seonghwa, what's wrong?" Wooyoung's voice trembled with apprehension as he took in the sight of his usually confident boyfriend looking so distraught.

Seonghwa's shoulders sagged, his expression a mixture of frustration and sadness as he collapsed onto the nearest chair. "It's Hongjoong," he whispered, his voice barely above a hoarse whisper. "He... he degraded my designs, Wooyoung. Called me an amateur... and then he challenged me to a competition."

Wooyoung's heart sank at Seonghwa's words, a surge of protective anger rising within him. "What? That's outrageous! How dare he speak to you like that?"

Tears welled up in Seonghwa's eyes as he recounted the humiliating confrontation with his fellow designer. "He said if I lose the competition, I'll have to drop out of the Vogue young fashionistas contest."

A wave of indignation washed over Wooyoung as he listened, his fists clenching with frustration. "That's not fair, Seonghwa. You shouldn't have to prove yourself to anyone, especially not someone as arrogant as Hongjoong."

Seonghwa nodded, his voice choked with emotion. "I know, but... I couldn't just let him walk all over me, Wooyoung. I had to stand up for myself."

Wooyoung's heart ached at the sight of Seonghwa's distress, his own worry for his boyfriend's well-being overshadowing his anger. "But Seonghwa, you shouldn't have agreed to compete against him. Hongjoong is a very talented designer, and beating him won't be easy."

A determined glint flickered in Seonghwa's eyes as he met Wooyoung's gaze. "I know it won't be easy, but I can't back down now, Wooyoung. I have to prove to myself and to everyone else that I'm not just some amateur. I have to show them what I'm made of."

Wooyoung's heart swelled with pride at Seonghwa's resilience, his admiration for his boyfriend's strength growing with each passing moment. "I understand, Seonghwa. Just promise me you'll be careful. I don't want to see you get hurt."

Seonghwa reached out and took Wooyoung's hand in his own, his touch gentle and reassuring. "I promise, Wooyoung. And with you by my side, I know I can face anything."

As they sat together in the dimly lit dorm room, the weight of Seonghwa's words hung heavy in the air. But amidst the uncertainty and turmoil, there was also a glimmer of hope, a shared belief that together, they could weather any storm that came their way.

Wooyoung led Seonghwa to the kitchen, a determined look in his eyes as he set about preparing some food for his distressed boyfriend. With gentle care, he plated a selection of Seonghwa's favorite dishes, hoping that the comforting taste of home-cooked food would help ease his troubled mind.

"Here, Seonghwa," Wooyoung said softly, placing a plate in front of him. "Eat up. It'll make you feel better."

Seonghwa managed a small smile as he picked up his fork, the warmth of Wooyoung's gesture bringing a glimmer of comfort to his troubled heart. "Thank you, Wooyoung. You always know how to take care of me."

Wooyoung returned the smile, his eyes filled with affection as he watched Seonghwa take a tentative bite. "Anything for you, Seonghwa. You mean the world to me."